Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 DII Doors wont lock or unlock

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 01:58 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 DII Doors wont lock or unlock

Don't have a remote but only driver door will unlock with manual key, switch on dash doesn't work but I can hear the locks clicking when I hit unlock I can hear the IDM click when I hit lock and unlock, so far I have replaced the dash switch, the IDM and the driver door lock actuator from my working 99 DiscoII and I get the same thing. the only way I can lock all of my doors is to go to each door and manually push the door plunger down I have to crawl over the back seat to get the rear door the only way to unlock them is to unlock the driver door with the key and go to each door and pull the door pull to unlock the actuator because the actuator holds the lock down. Any more Ideas? how about the passenger front door would that cause a problem or maybe a ground somewhere, how about the under hood fuse box?

UPDATE Finally got the driver door to lock and unlock by replacing the driver door actuator and closing the door, it works with the dash switch but the other 3 doors and rear door will only click, is there a procedure to re-sync or program the passenger doors?

Last edited by hacksaw830; 07-05-2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

My guess is bad luck, all the actuators are bad.

I think the cargo door one is the easiest to swap, so try that one first, if it works then you know you have 3 more to do.

I am not aware of any re syncing that needs to be done.