Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 HSE Discovery Needs Help, Leaking, squeaking, and 3 amigos

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 HSE Discovery Needs Help, Leaking, squeaking, and 3 amigos

I have just purchased a 2004 Discovery with only 55,000 miles and it is already giving me problems. This first major problem is that it is leaking coolant. Took it to a local shop to do a coolant pressure test and they are not 100% sure but they think my head gasket on the drivers side is bad, they also mentioned the intake manifold (lower) gasket could be bad. they were not 100% because he couldn't see exactly where it was coming from in the rear. I would really not like to get into replacing a head gasket. I want to replace the spark plug wire and plugs and i know i need to take the upper manifold off to get to the coil pack. They said if i do that i could get a better look at where it is coming from.

2) When ever i park for a few few hours the drivers side rear suspension is slammed. But when i start it back up it starts to pump up and stays up while i drive. i don't hear any leaking from the air bag. but if i hang around for a while i will here a sharp hiss from a cylanoide or something and it will drop and inch or two. Seems like a sensor or the air system is dropping the rear and not due to a leaking air bag. Can something be reset or a part replaced to fix this??

3) My window goes down and not up. Took it apart and found that the plastic wheel was broken. Engineered my own wheel with some washers and nut and bolt ground it all down smooth and counter sunk the bolt using a countersink head. Took the motor apart and cleaned all the connections. Put it all back in. it goes down smooth but when it goes up it will only go up a little then make a terrible grinding sound like its trying to engage the gears but they are slipping due to weight or stress on system. I pretty much just put it all they way up but it doesn't stay 100% up more like 98% with a little wind noise. any suggestion if i need to replace the regulator or the motor or could it be an alignment issue. even when i push it up manually seems to take a little more effort than i have experienced w/ other vehicles.

4) Replace brake pads w/ EBC, did not replace rotors. Put on anti squeak. The rear brakes squeak when braking from 30 mph until stopped. I also get the 3 amigos plus the brake light.

Need help w/ theses issues.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

e-mail me your tele number and I'll call you