Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 Discovery Won't Start...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:49 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Discovery Won't Start...

Hello,
Very helpful forum you have created here...
The problem started two days ago when the '95 Discovery started sputtering, and now the vehicle won't start at all.
It turns over O.K., but the engine never catches...no clicking after key is turned.
Perhaps it is a fuel/air intake or mixture issue?
Should I bother to try a jump start?
Can I try to jump a Discovery from a Toyata Tercel battery?
Thanks so much for any advice, Land Rover gurus

-claire

Old 07-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1995 Discovery Won't Start...

Welcome to the forum. Things to look for imediately would be the coil. The rule of won't start is simple, 99% of the time if you have spark and fuel something will happen. Things to check on your own if you can, or with the help of some one with knowledge. is to rule out what is not happening. My guess is that the coil is bad based on the way it presented. The other things that could cause it and you are right to think is no fuel. That could be a bad pump, an bad relay, or fuse. I you know some one with a scaner that can access the vehicle, and can get the code list. to intrepret them it may help. There are several problem that it can be if it is not the spark or fuel problem. Then the next thing is to look at the electrial circuits that control both fuel and spark, and starting. If you don't have one a shop manual is a helpful thing to have. Mine has saved me alot of money. It can help fix simple problems quick with just general tools. The forum is a good place for information on those as well. Use the dealer as a last place. They are not bad, but they can cost a lot. If you don't have the manual, I have seen them on ebay. The is also a parts supplier list in the faq and search area's. when you find out what it is. share the info it might help another. Gotta love a rover. 96 disco with 130k owned for ten years just a few minor problems. hope it helps. duboff.