Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 discovery II Flashing M+S Lights problem like everyone, but alil different..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 discovery II Flashing M+S Lights problem like everyone, but alil different..

Never had a problem with the vehicle(suprisingly) til now, is becoming an electrical nightmare. I drove the truck to a photoshoot, it refuses to start in the worst place imaginable(other than baghdad) Southwest Detroit haha, anyhow it cranks and cranks strong so I know it has enough power, the Battery is very new and atleast 850CCA. After a few hours it started again, so I'm on my way, No service lights or MS, then Boom, all the 3 light and the M+S flahes as the vehicle dies as I'm going 75Mph on the Highway. Hours later it starts again for me. then about 5-7 miles later same thing.
trying the "limp mode" thing doesn't do anything. the truck dies and just cranks and cranks til I wait hours to get it to start. I left the truck or whats left of it in Detroit outside an associates home, and i can't afford to be raped by the arrogant and incompetent LR dealership.. I know there are numerous other posts like mine but i've only read one other member talking about it just dying on them at speed and not re-starting even after disconnecting/reconnecting the terminals please help, I need that stupid truck out of there while its still in one piece, PS it was an amazing truck in the brutal depths of Michigan's winters...

Battery has been replaced, Alternator re-built and tested out fine OUT of vehicle on benchtest and IN vehicle through charging system tester (Interstate battery EG-18 tester) fuses are good.. connections are should be fine as I've done the disconnect/re-connect trick.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You need a new crank shaft position sensor.
When it starts to fail it is heat sensitive and once it gets heat soaked it fails.
The crank sensor is what controls your spark plugs, when it fails you have zero spark.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts