Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 se7 warranty & jump seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 01:44 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 se7 warranty & jump seats

ive just ordered a 2003 se7 with 31k and will be receiving it next week. im soooo excited.......always dreamed of owning one but could never justify the outlay.

ive spent the last week going through the forum and it definitely looks like there is a bit of fanaticism that goes along with owning a disco and some great experiences to draw from.

a couple questions:
i had to order it through a local dealer that does not carry land rovers as the nearest dealship is 300 miles away. would the warranty issues have to be taken care of by a licences dealer? and also would i be able to purchase an extended warranty?

secondly, are the jump seats removable? i know they fold up towards the side, but are they readily removable completely.

thanks!

Old 02-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Mudding
Default RE: 2003 se7 warranty & jump seats

welcome to the club. I would think any warranty work would have to be done by LR but not sure. Buying extended warranty prolly depends on who you boought it from. Jump seats should remove pretty easily. be sure to post pics once it has arrived.... welcome to the fanaticism

Old 02-18-2006, 10:35 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: 2003 se7 warranty & jump seats

Careful of the aftermarket warrantees. Just canceled one as they used an unbelievable loop hole to get out of pymnt. Flex joint on front drive shaft (all one part only)was bad, but since the front drive shaft was good and it was just the flex jt (again, only way to fix is order the drive shaft with flex attached), they wouldn't cover it (wasn't listed in their coverage, but of course everything else was). Shows me they are willing to get the money, but don't have much incentive to payout, as a Manufacturer has a big reputation to deal with. Believe it or not, they also stated that it didn't cover anything that they deem was pre-existing. How many things aren't pre-existing to some degree!!Wow, did I see the light. Sorry to go on, just wanted to warn you as you mentioned the warrantee situation. By the way, the 3 row seats are incredible in your D2. Nothing like "jump seats" in the earlier D1 models. They fold pretty much out of the way and are much safer (much) than the older ones.
jeff