Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery 2 CDL

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Discovery 2 CDL

Hello,

Was just wondering how I can get a CDL on my 2004 Disco 22 as it does not have the factory one (pursuit model) should have held on for a HSE but the car is also used for work and I couldn't waste even more time getting a good HSE. This pursuit I got is brill and basic but lacks CDL. This is not a major concern at the minute but I would like to know for the future what the best way of getting a CDL on the '04 Disco is. I don't know if the spigot is there as was on the pre-facelifts.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 09-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to confirm you don't have the nipple (you can crawl under the truck and reach on-top of the front of the transfer case (right behind the front drive shaft) and feel for it...I am not 100% sure on the 04)...if you don't here is all the info you need...buy a used transfer case NOSE assembly from any used rover parts guy (Paul Grant is a good source...contact info in discoMike's signature)

2003CDLInstall - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

If you have the nipple all you need is the linkage...below is one route...another is to get a linkage out a D1.
04 CDL Shifter Installation Video - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

This is one of the most detailed topics on the forums. Use the search function and you will find more than enough info.

Last edited by nychaze; 09-26-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by nychaze
You need to confirm you don't have the nipple...if you don't here is all the info you need...buy a used transfer case NOSE assembly from any used rover parts guy (Paul Grant is a good source...contact info in discoMike's signature)

2003CDLInstall - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

If you have the nipple all you need is the linkage...below is one route...another is to get a linkage out a D1.
04 CDL Shifter Installation Video - Land Rover Forums : Land Rover and Range Rover Forum

This is one of the most detailed topics on the forums. Use the search function and you will find more than enough info.
Oh right cool. I'll have to have a look tomorrow after work then. As far as I know in the 2004, the CDL will not disturb the TCS and ABS. Am I correct in saying this?

Cheers

Last edited by Mick Rosco; 09-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

You need chek and see if the transfer case has the CDL nipple first. If not you need to either swap the front output housing with a t-case that does have one or swap out the whole unit. Then you need to decide if you want the standard 2004 air shifter for the CDL lock or if you want a Discovery 1 mechanical shifter linkage to engage the CDL.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Rock Crawling

From a quick search i THINK the 04 came with the CDL but they changed to cable actuation instead of levers...

Does the diagram in front of the lever show that it can move left and right? or just forward backward (H - N - L) ???

Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Mick Rosco
CDL will not disturb the 3 TCS and ABS. Am I correct in saying this?

Cheers
Im about 95% sure that it does not effect the 04s. 100% sure on the 03 since that is what i have.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by nychaze
From a quick search i THINK the 04 came with the CDL but they changed to cable actuation instead of levers...

Does the diagram in front of the lever show that it can move left and right? or just forward backward (H - N - L) ???
Ye the sticker has the diff lock and everything I think from what I can remember but the actual H-L shifter itself has no diff lock embossed instructions. Why on earth Land Rover made this an option is silly I think. It is, at the end of the day a LAND ROVER lol.

Cheers everyone so far by the way.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

did you try engaging from side to side? maybe someone switched the boot. i never heard of an 04 without CDL but you're across the pond and you invented these pieces of crap so anything is possible. like everyone else said get under it and check to see if the linkage is hooked up if not if there is a nipple on the top of the TC. here is what the nipple looks like without the linkage.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

All 04's came from the factory with a CDL, the only way your's wouldn't have it is if the PO blew the case and replaced it with a non-CDL t/case.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Unless, as Mike said, the PO had it removed and replaced with a non CDL transfer case. YOU HAVE CDL.... ALL 04's came with this. it was not an option based on trim package, it was standard on all S, SE, HSE models Period.

Quick Reply: 2004 Discovery 2 CDL