Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery 2 CDL

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

This is NOT the first time I've heard of someone in the UK without a CDL in their 04. It was optional over there, even on the 03 models.

They even have different trim levels like ES instead of SE and some commercial models.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=37173

Last edited by jafir; 09-26-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yeah they do their discovery work van is a bad *** work truck!!! Spike this would be the rig for you:-)

Last edited by lr2001silver; 09-26-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok ye. The UK for some reason decided we don't need CDL. I looked under the thing and the linkage is not there. I couldn't see whether the spigot was there as I was a little pushed for time as I should have been at work really. Shhhhh . From what I know the UK and US trims are different. I'll have to remove the center console when I get home and have a look for the nipple and if it Isn't there it looks like a new tcase front from what I have gathered. If anyone knows better please let me know. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry Mike I missed the fact that you were in the UK... Bummer it was an option in the UK.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mick Rosco
Ok ye. The UK for some reason decided we don't need CDL. I looked under the thing and the linkage is not there. I couldn't see whether the spigot was there as I was a little pushed for time as I should have been at work really. Shhhhh . From what I know the UK and US trims are different. I'll have to remove the center console when I get home and have a look for the nipple and if it Isn't there it looks like a new tcase front from what I have gathered. If anyone knows better please let me know. Thanks.
drill those stupid rivets out that hold the metal in the console in. use sheet metal screws when you put it back together save you some hassle if you have to go back in there again.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mick Rosco
dont go through the time to pull the entire center console to be 100% sure you dont have a CDL....get under the truck and do it...pulling the console and putting it back together is no 20min job...and when you do discover you dont have the nipple your going to have to get back in there to install the linkage....no reason to do that job twice...and its not fun ridding around without a center console while you try to determine if you want the CDL and waiting for parts to show up...hate to see someone do that job for no reason.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nychaze
dont go through the time to pull the entire center console to be 100% sure you dont have a CDL....get under the truck and do it...pulling the console and putting it back together is no 20min job...and when you do discover you dont have the nipple your going to have to get back in there to install the linkage....no reason to do that job twice...and its not fun ridding around without a center console while you try to determine if you want the CDL and waiting for parts to show up...hate to see someone do that job for no reason.
Ye I'll get under the truck again and have a feel round. LikeIi said I know there is no linkage i could see the actual trans shifter and it only had the low bow cable there. Might have to try and find the old 'engineers mirror' if I can't feel it.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:15 PM

i can have my entire console apart in 20. i have done in it so many times and i use sheet metal screws instead of rivets.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
i can have my entire console apart in 20. i have done in it so many times and i use sheet metal screws instead of rivets.
Haste makes waste... especially when dealing with 10 year old plastic tabs...and if its your first time in there it will take you 10 min to build up enough courage and strength required to pull of the shift **** (that's never been removed) while trying not to knock off the rear-view mirror when it does let loose...probably better advice to have Mick go from the bottom and not be led to believe he can get the console out in 20 min.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:20 PM

he can also have a new mirror and any plastic tab he needs for just a quid or two.... benefits to livin in the motherland

Quick Reply: 2004 Discovery 2 CDL