Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery II

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Discovery II

I took my 2004 Discovery II (84,000 miles) to the dealer to have a Valve Cover Gasket job done. Soon after leaving the dealer, I received a call from the advisor telling me that the car was leaking antifreeze and oil, thereby needed Head Gasket also. Expensive, but I authorized the repairs. Within 3 days, he called me to tell me that the car was ready. I went to pick it up. While driving back on my way home, I noticed that not only the idle was high and the car was shaking considerably at stop lights, but also the engine was knocking. I have to say that beside the valve Cover that was leaking, the car was running smoothly prior to the big repairs.

When I took the car back to the dealer, the advisor told me that it was normal for these model years to be rough. I know that his claims are false. But I would like your advice on this.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:18 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Jesus freaking christ, Yell at the bastard. high idle and shaking. Jeez what kind freaking advisor says oh thats normal. If you spend that kind of money you get the customer back in to make sure something wasn't missed or screwed up.

That is unacceptable from a service writer. Talk to the manager and demand a rental until the problem is repaired. You spent the money to get it fixed and it should work. Drive with a tech to prove it and don't take the vehicle back till its fixed on their dime .

Old 06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like they left a vacume line off or somthing do urself a favor and never and i mean never bring ur truck to the dealership for now demand that they fix it and tell them how unhappy u are they will or should cominsate u somhow.u dont pay them 125 and hour to get it back worse then when u brought it in

Old 06-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

If you paid by credit card, take it back in and tell them to fix everything at no cost to you or stop the payment thru your bank till it is fixed.
Next time don't go to a dealer, they will over charge you and sell you things you never needed.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:45 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
If you paid by credit card, take it back in and tell them to fix everything at no cost to you or stop the payment thru your bank till it is fixed.
Next time don't go to a dealer, they will over charge you and sell you things you never needed.
overcharge yes, sell you things you don't need NO.

Sorry but its all geniune parts so most likely you needed it. Trust me I have seen more tire shops put tires and brakes on a car and never even attempt to fix common things like coolant leaks or loose tie rod ends.

We don't even sell Bg coolant flushes on discos cause they leak so much its a waste of time.