Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery transfer case leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 10:36 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Discovery transfer case leak

2004 Discovery transfer case leak. The leak seems to be coming from a spot on the transfer case that is copper in color about the size of a nickel in between the transmission and the transfer case. I crawled under the disco just after driving it to determine the location of the leak. I notice that around the spot I mentioned it was bubbling out around the edges and then the oil would working its way down the cross beam. Does anyone know how to stop it from leaking and why its leaking there? I will try to get a picture of the spot tomorrow.

It leaves a pretty good spot on the driveway after driving for a while.

Thanks from drippy

Old 07-30-2017, 01:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bhowell450@gmail.com
2004 Discovery transfer case leak. The leak seems to be coming from a spot on the transfer case that is copper in color about the size of a nickel in between the transmission and the transfer case. I crawled under the disco just after driving it to determine the location of the leak. I notice that around the spot I mentioned it was bubbling out around the edges and then the oil would working its way down the cross beam. Does anyone know how to stop it from leaking and why its leaking there? I will try to get a picture of the spot tomorrow.

It leaves a pretty good spot on the driveway after driving for a while.

Thanks from drippy
Change the oil in it and add a half bottle of Blue Devil Oil Stop Leak. I've used it on two LT230 transfer cases and it stopped the leaking on both. Worth a shot before pulling the transfer case out and doing a re-seal.