Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Land Rover Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The problem with the PM is that now know one but you and the guy you PM will know how to bleed the system.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for all your help and answering my question. I would love help on bleeding the system. Any information would be great. Also, I do agree with Spike if any other people are experiencing the same problem - any information would help them also.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fair enough::::::: sorry

Spike is a very good resource for information, he also has a thread describing exactly how to bleed this system. I am very surprised you did not find it while looking for a solution.

this is pretty easy but it never hurts to have a second pair of hands to help put in bleed screw:

1. with a cold engine 2. Take out bleed screw on line or T in between lines 3. remove cap on tank and un clip line from battery box 4. lift tank about 6 inches, 5. fill until you see coolant flow from the bleed screw, then insert and tighten screw 6. Put tank back into place then clip line to battery box again and fill it to the cold level line and put the cap on. 7. Start truck
8.Drive around for a few minutes just to warm up to operating temp. Park truck and let cool down 9.after truck is completely cold again open cap and ad coolant as necessary back to cold level line and you will now have your coolant system free of any air bubbles and the proper amount of coolant in the system!!!!!!! It is very important to have this system full the proper way as it is easy to have overheating problems if not. Sounds like the mechanic that worked on your truck was not aware of this procedure and just thought he could fill up the coolant tank and call it good. Not the case buddy, good luck with this. Please remember never to open a coolant cap while hot it can spray everywhere and burn you very badly.

Last edited by kc disco guy; 06-23-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Nothing wrong with PM's, making friends, talking on the phone, text messages etc.
The only problem comes when information on how to repair/fix something is not shared with the community.
When that happens then only those two people know the answer.
Again nothing wrong with information sharing, but please show the class how your work.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Banned

I understand that there are a few different preferred methods to bleed this system and that we all have a opinion on which way works best, and in logic more than just one of these methods will work. I am just comfortable with this method as it has worked for me when doing my coolant flushes.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:49 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Land Rover Discovery

Thank you everyone for your help. Especially instructions to help me out on this situation with the coolant and how to properly have the system bled. This is the first time I have had a Land Rover and love this vehicle. I am going to be working on it this weekend. So I will keep you informed. Thank you for making me feel welcomed and helping me out.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Banned

You are very welcome and let us know of any further questions you may have. You can't find a more helpful place than this forum I also would like to thank everyone involved here!