Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 amigos, ABS not working, no ABS leaks

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 amigos, ABS not working, no ABS leaks

I've had the 3 amigos intermittantly, but they appear to be very frequent/permanent now. I haven't gotten the codes pulled yet (weekend), but did the recommended ABS test. Alas at 35 mph on slightly loose road surface I got lockup and no ABS at all. I do get a slight pulse in the brake pedal when coming to a normal stop, but nothing like when ABS cuts in (slower/only slight). There is also a 'tweeting' sound coming from the ABS unit on the drivers side of the engine compartment.

I've read all the 3 amigo threads and it sounds like I'm into some $$$. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer/local shop?

Dammad.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3 amigos, ABS not working, no ABS leaks

Try to find an independent shop that has a diagnostics system like modis, etc. that can communicate with the SLABS ECU and get your codes read. Let us know what the codes / descriptors are.

While at it, ask your technician to reset the SLABS ECU after you have obtained the codes and see if the lights will come back on immediately or, you never know, they might stay off.

A basic OBD II scanner that is used at autozone, etc. will not communicate with the SLABS ECU.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: 3 amigos, ABS not working, no ABS leaks

If you have no pulsation, it is going to be a module, most likely the up dated $800 kit or a used module, but as already mentioned, get the codes read to make sure.
Bummer.