Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 amigos hopefully gone

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021 | 07:24 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by mollusc
You've been given good, specific advice from people who know what they're talking about. What you choose to do with that advice is of course your own business. But posting unhelpful and potentially misleading threads for future seekers of information to wade through isn't all that great from a forum point of view.

And reading the threads on wheel sensors would tell you that the problem can also lie with how the sensor is mounted, and it's often easier to simply replace the hub with the sensor already mounted correctly.
Yep I get you mate not a problem. I've also replaced both hubs with the sensors already mounted and these came off a discovery that I know didn't have faults.
That's kinda why I joined the forum to find out what could potentially be the problem.
I know the previous comment was a joke at what I said previously and I apologize for the daft comment.

I'm seriously pulling my hair out with this problem so that's why I was being a prat!

Old 03-09-2021 | 07:39 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by mln01
I agree that there is no downside to doing Option B as a preventive measure, so long as the job isn't botched and problems aren't created where there are none now. Just don't expect this to correct the problem when you have a wheel speed sensor code.

I'm not suggesting you would bitch Option B, so long as you make good solder joints and use heat shrink tubing. But there is always the risk that something can go awry, which is the risk in "fixing" something that is working well as is.

But if you want to address what's causing the problem now, I would first spend my time replacing or splicing past the wheel speed sensor connector.
thanks for the reply, yea I'm taking my time with the wheel speed connector 1st and using good quality solder and heat shrink for protection. See how that goes 1st and then check codes again. I've also just bought a snap on diagnostic machine as an upgrade.

Anyway hope all are enjoying your day.

Old 03-09-2021 | 12:00 PM
Mudding

Do the shuttle valve mod. It will NOT clear your 3 amigos, but you are unfamiliar with auto wiring and this mod is easy enough for a novice but complex enough you'll gain wiring experience that will help you in other areas.

Like others have said, you have a loose connection, it's a common problem and is not readily apparent to the eye. Everything looks good, but the connection is loose.

Old 03-09-2021 | 12:33 PM
|
Overlanding

Little update I've done the hard wire to rear speed sensor, I've also done the option b mod also.
and the fault remains!
So just bought 2 brand new rear hubs with sensors.
Should be fun.

Old 03-09-2021 | 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Also verify the connectors at the SLABS Unit.

Old 03-09-2021 | 02:39 PM
|
Overlanding

Slabs unit. Ok something else to look for! Lol 😆
at least at this rate the disco will be ni on brand new!😆