Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Amigos scare

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
hhalimi,
1. The Amigos are NOT related to the brake fluid being overfilled
2. If the brake fluid was flushed at a shop, it is possible that what you are seeing under the reservoir is merely spilled fluid from the flush. I would use a turkey baster or something similar to lower the fluid to the correct level, clean the fluid from the outside, drive it, and see if it returns.
3. See the suggestion above.
Thank you lordmorpheus, Will do the above and than start with the brake pads and rotors as recommended by Mike.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Vandyboy and to the OP, here is the link for the fixes.
ABS Mod - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

To those doing the ABS Mod (and hopefully you have gotten a code for the modulator, or at least have performed the testing of the switch to confirm a failure) :

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
One of the reasons the shuttle valve switch fails if from the ingress of brake fluid past the shuttle valve seals. If the tips of the shuttle valve are wet with brake fluid, and you either ONLY perform the option B repair and/or replace the switch, the new switch is going to fail again due to the leaking fluid, regardless of the option B repair.

If the shuttle valve switch is dry, then your seals aren't leaking (yet) and the replacement switch and/or option B repair will fix the issue (if that is even the cause of the Amigos, which you won't definitely know until you get the codes read) until the original seals start to leak.

I have stated this before in other Amigo related posts: When I replaced my switch (which tested bad) I also performed the option B repair to prevent an electrical problem in the future, as well as replacing the seals to prevent a brake fluid caused issue in the future.

...I replaced the switch, seals, and did the option B repair, because I didn't want to mess with it ever again in the future.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the option 'b' and it has fixed my intermintant 3 Amigo's. Well worth the $5 in parts and 1.75hrs of my time.