Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Amigos. Taking to dealer as last resort. Advice? HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008 | 12:08 PM
|
4wd Low
Default 3 Amigos. Taking to dealer as last resort. Advice? HELP!!

So all,

1999 discoII 68K

I know and have read over fifty posts on the three amigos but need some more advice, here is my issue.

I took it to a the only shop in town w/ a mechanic that knowsanything about rovers(no local land rover authorized repair shops in town). He checked it out as best he could w/o a land rover code puller. So, as it stands, its not the speed sensor, brakes, or ABS, he noted TC,as well ashill descentwas not working. It might be the shuttle valve, he couldnt tell for sure.

So, I am making an appt to take it in to the dealer b/c I have not the time or the tools to even think about doing a fix it job. Any advice on how to cut down on the labor at the dealer? I had my local mechanic write up a service note for the dealer, but what else can be done on my end? I'm not so keen on rover lingo

Thanks for the useful/helpfull/concise responses guys!
Monty
discoverMT

Old 03-06-2008 | 12:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: 3 Amigos. Taking to dealer as last resort. Advice? HELP!!

1. Go to a local auto store, get your codes read, bring them back and post them here
2. If it is the shuttle valve, don't jump to replacing it. I now know 2 people who have done full brake system flushes that have resolved the shuttle valve code. I don't know your driving habits, but the shuttle valves seem finicky and with burnt brake fluid due to off-roading and consistent use of the ABS/TC systems can sometimes be rectified by a good fluid flush.

Old 03-06-2008 | 03:14 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 3 Amigos. Taking to dealer as last resort. Advice? HELP!!

Monty,
If you give me a call I will run you thru a couple of things to check prior to spending the big bucks at the dealer.
303-862-7680