Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 Amigos?....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:35 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 5 Amigos?....

Ok so I need a little help. 04' Disco 2 SE7 bought it about 6 months ago, p.o. didn't take great care of her. Overheated it several times and gave up and her sit for almost 3 years. I picked it up for dirt cheap I was actually looking for a parts truck for my '00 D2, but I saw alot of potential in the 04 so I decided to pluck the motor and overhaul. No signs of slipped liner so I built it, everything except crank, conrods, pistons and wrist pins was replaced, thing purrs like a badass kitty cat now. So now to make it road worthy I found the LR hub spitting grease and gear oil, replaced that with a new unit from Lucky8 though it came equipped with a sensor lead for a front hub, no biggy, swapped in the old one. No signal. Got a new one from Lucky 8 (no charge I like them

Old 04-26-2016, 08:51 PM
4wd Low

Any way here's my problem. I now have not 3 but 5 amigos I can't shake. The usual 3 plus the red low level/parking brake warning lamp and the green ebc indicator. All 5 come on go out and come right back KOEO. WTF. Scan tool says LR signal erratic and LR signal low. OBD throws P1590 (rough road signal implausible) and P0327 KS sensor B1 signal low. Not so worried about the 327 I may have just over tightened the nut. I'll mess with that tomorrow. Anybody else ever been in this boat. I have verified wiring harness integrity for LR sensor with resistance testing and load capacity with a test light ,checks ok.
Watching WSS at all 4 corners on a test drive all show within .2 volts of each other. Even LR. Cleared ABS codes with scan tool and again KOEO 5 amigos!Pulled battery, reconnected again KOEO 5 amigos?!! I'm stumped any and all suggestions are welcome.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:06 AM
4wd Low

So in case anybody reads this, here is what was found. During install the shim to set air gap between the mag pick up and tone ring for the LR wheel speed sensor had crushed allowing the pick up too close to the tone ring.
I reinstalled the sensor (a little more carefully) after straightening out the shim. Tried clearing abs codes and OBD p1590, KOEO still had warning lights. After a short drive cycle, literally 1/2 block, all lights extinguished. YIPPEE! now off to make her legal.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kluber - I'm dealing with a similar issue and just posted a question. I don't have 3 amigos, or even 5, I have the whole mariachi band, every single indicator is flashing. I'm chasing a misfire on #2 and am getting close, but the warning lights keep flashing. Runs at about 90% efficiency, no over-heating, no strange noises.

Any ideas?