Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'97 Disco drifting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEAH BUT, whats the "other" side look like?

Originally Posted by graham
ONe more thing, the mechanic said the front bearings are a little loos, and that they needed a re-packing of grease. Could loose bearings make it track?

pic:

not bad for all those miles and 13 years, huh?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Mudding

When I saw the subject I thought you are doing Fast and Furious stuff with your '97 Disco and I was thinking ... cool!

Kidding aside have you checked your tire pressure?

Old 05-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Night Train
YEAH BUT, whats the "other" side look like?

The same. Don't hate, congratulate.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Disco Alan
When I saw the subject I thought you are doing Fast and Furious stuff with your '97 Disco and I was thinking ... cool!

Kidding aside have you checked your tire pressure?

Ha! Yeah I thought about that after I posted. That's cool though, lures you guys in to help me out! LOL!

My name is Alan too! Alan Graham.

I haven't checked my pressure....the tires all look the same, but will do. I figured the mechanic would have done that. I paid them $40 to do the full check-up.

I'm gonna check out the steering tomorrow. I'll post on that and the tire pressure then.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I wish I had seen this post yeaterday...it is your rear sway bar, the bushings are shot and that is what is causing this.
My truck did the same thing, I had my guy tighten them down and it went away, I am going to replace all the bushings on it when I get the money.
As for your front wheel bearings...I too had mine replaced, do yourself and your mechanic a favor and order 2 wheel bearing rebuild kits from www.atlanticbritish.com, take him the parts and let him replace all four bearings and the seals and gaskets.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes some of the simplest things get overlooked.

Welcome, nice ride !!

Steering gear is an easy adjustment, my rover's steering is as tight as most new vehicles.. I'm sure it just needs some tweakin'..

Good luck, and much like the rest of us, get ready to get very familiar with your rover.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Mudding

Do yourself a favor and do the wheel bearings yourself...http://www.4x4wire.com/rover/mainten...heel_bearings/ ....... Be careful with the brake pipes the pass side one costs about 11 bucks ... The driversside is 93.... With 164 grand your gonna need to get well acquainted with your Rover.... Welcome to the madness good luck

Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by graham
The same. Don't hate, congratulate.
You rite, You rite, Kidding aside - Thats a fine looking machine, best of luck with it!

Also - like Spike mentioned and Disco Mike will tell ya, at least once a year slide a tool tray under your truck, get yourself under there, get comfortable (HaHa) and tighten everything you can reach.

Last edited by Night Train; 05-30-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Love your truck, become one with your truck, carress it, fell every nook and cranny,...I could spend hours under there.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spike555
I wish I had seen this post yeaterday...it is your rear sway bar, the bushings are shot and that is what is causing this.
My truck did the same thing, I had my guy tighten them down and it went away, I am going to replace all the bushings on it when I get the money.
As for your front wheel bearings...I too had mine replaced, do yourself and your mechanic a favor and order 2 wheel bearing rebuild kits from www.atlanticbritish.com, take him the parts and let him replace all four bearings and the seals and gaskets.

Thanks. It actually makes sense, because it only happens when I let on or off the gas and it feels like the truck is being slightly torqued...diagonally. Thanks for all the replies. Like a few of you said, I think I'm gonna get to know my rover, but that's okay. I'm gonna need some help though! LOL! Thanks.

Quick Reply: '97 Disco drifting?