Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Amigo

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts
Default ABS Amigo

I just bought one from here. It worked like a charm. Super easy. I'm thinking about making this a forum rental tool. Everyone should have this thing. I could lend it out for the cost of shipping. Then the next could lend it. Etc etc. Maybe take turns in the order of posts here. Only thing is...I don't wanna get screwed over. It would depend on the honesty of other members. Maybe a minimum post count or membership time? Thoughts? Ideas?

Old 03-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll get on that list first, I've been hoping someone would get on here to offer up something like this.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

I'm legit and I'd be interested. How exactly does it work? I know that there have been rentals on this forum in the past that have been successful. If I recall correctly, a deposit was charged along with shipping and a dollop of good faith.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 939 Likes on 632 Posts

I think the minimum post count with a deposit would be good. If I hadn't just fixed my amigos then I'd want in on this too.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Old 03-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1
I just bought one from here. It worked like a charm. Super easy. I'm thinking about making this a forum rental tool. Everyone should have this thing. I could lend it out for the cost of shipping. Then the next could lend it. Etc etc. Maybe take turns in the order of posts here. Only thing is...I don't wanna get screwed over. It would depend on the honesty of other members. Maybe a minimum post count or membership time? Thoughts? Ideas?
I think a deposit for the cost of the Amigo, shipping to and back, Plus at least $5 towards your beer fund.

Think about the use and abuse it will get. You fronted the cash, there should be some $ reward.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Pro Wrench

I was hoping to do it with out a deposit. But I see the point. Might be necessary. I'm too trusting. That and I would shame/blast on every forum I could think of if some one decided to keep it.

I do worry about time too. Max time allowed with the tool?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by abran
I think a deposit for the cost of the Amigo, shipping to and back, Plus at least $5 towards your beer fund.

Think about the use and abuse it will get. You fronted the cash, there should be some $ reward.
I appreciate it. I'd rather help some guys out. Karma points. Plus this forum and it's members have helped me out big time.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiftonthefly1
That's a very generous offer to make to forum members. No issues now and hope it may be available down the road if needed. Agree with helping others without having to jump though loops and racking up the karma points. Would think max time with tool would partially depend upon the need for it by other members.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Pro Wrench

I'm also inclined to include the guys over D-web. Hope it doesn't get over crowded

Quick Reply: ABS Amigo