Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS BOX? HAZARD LIGHTS WONT SHUT OFF

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABS BOX? HAZARD LIGHTS WONT SHUT OFF

The box is a green plastic box under the passegers side panel...2 groups of wires plug into it it says ABS on the box

Old 12-14-2009, 12:29 PM
4th Gear
Default Hazard Lights

I was able to get my car started. Big THANKS to Disco Mike for helping me. Now the only problem is we can't get the hazard lights to stop blinking..I tried all the above (pulling fuse out and resetting the inertia switch) and it's still flashing. Do they keep flashing till something is fixed or is there another way to shut it off?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default short

Just had this happen this weekend you have a loose wire connection or bad connection I went through every wire I could see and found a bad wire connector shorted it was bizzare fixed it put everthing back together as I put the card board pieace back on the green ABS box started clicking (flashers back on)

Went through the same process found another wire maybe one I pulled not sure fixed it put it back together no issues.

This problem never stopped it would have blinked untill the battery went dead It took me 20 min to find the connector I think I got luck its tight and the main harness runs through there good luck.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:27 PM
1st Gear
Default rrs 2006

hi got same problem with my 2006 range rover sport hse it has been like this for a while but has only got more frequent this last week put the key in the ignition then I hear the doors clicking open and shut when I turn the key to start the car theres nothing there and hazards stard flashing ripped the full interior out and found under drivers carpet soaked wet through due to blocked drain pipes from sunroof now unblocked. dryed it all out including the wiring and checked each and every wire had the fuse board completely out and checked everything aswel as cleaning everything with electrical contact cleaner still the same had it plugged in to diagnostics and comes up with fault instrument cluster lost communication with modules most days the car will start and run absolutely spot on then when left over night and attempt to start it the next morning same problem any ideas anyone would be much aprechiated been told check drivers for actuator wich I will be doing in the morning thanks in advance ... paul

Old 02-10-2021, 10:14 AM
1st Gear
Default Range rover 2007 hasard lights problem

Hi Paul
I'm living in France. I have the same problem like you. Have you repare your truck?
Could you give me the Solution.
Thanks for your help. jers

QUOTE=Paul Pickard;702882]hi got same problem with my 2006 range rover sport hse it has been like this for a while but has only got more frequent this last week put the key in the ignition then I hear the doors clicking open and shut when I turn the key to start the car theres nothing there and hazards stard flashing ripped the full interior out and found under drivers carpet soaked wet through due to blocked drain pipes from sunroof now unblocked. dryed it all out including the wiring and checked each and every wire had the fuse board completely out and checked everything aswel as cleaning everything with electrical contact cleaner still the same had it plugged in to diagnostics and comes up with fault instrument cluster lost communication with modules most days the car will start and run absolutely spot on then when left over night and attempt to start it the next morning same problem any ideas anyone would be much aprechiated been told check drivers for actuator wich I will be doing in the morning thanks in advance ... paul[/QUOTE]