Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS/HDC/TC lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/HDC/TC lights

Good news! The problem I was having with my ABS/HDC/TC lights is history, or so it seems. I as getting myself prepared for a big repair big repair bill at the dealership. The Saturday the dealership sponsored an off-road event and the even seems to have fixed the problem by using the system. I arrived at the off-road park with my ABS/HDC/TC lights burning. At the first hill I found out how important the TC system is. I could not get to the top of the hill. I had made it about a third of the way up and was letting the, hook a rope to me.

I turned off the engine and restarrted it. This gets the three amigos off sometimes. Upon cranking it this time, the lights stayed off and TC was working the rest of the way up the hill. I was being pulled but I assisted somewhat and noticed that traction control was working. It worked the rest of the day. We took numerous hills with no problem at all. We even decended a rocky (huge rocks) river bank and drove thru the river to a sand bar and back up and out of the river.

There is no problem with the ABS/HDC/TC now. A day later and many mile and no problem. I really believe I have the problem behind me. I recomend to all who are having this problem sporadically to use their vehicles in offroad mode more, in places where the TC and HDC are being utilized.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ABS/HDC/TC lights

Interesting you should mention that. My Rover mechanic told me last summer to periodically put the truck in situations where the TC and ABS were necessary. He said it would help keep the systems working well to use them once in a while. I assume that there are some problems it couldn't prevent, but at least it's a good reason to go off-roading.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: ABS/HDC/TC lights

You has the trio on because of a false reading from a speed sensor, kind of common. If the speed sensor gets loose or dirty it will throw a fault code, doesn't always mean the sensor is bad. In nearly 5 years of driving my 99, I have had the lights come on many times, went and had them read, always a speed sensor, turn them off and it might be a year before they come on again, usually a different wheel when it comes back.
Mike