General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ABS,HDC,TC,ABS module, fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 01:08 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS,HDC,TC,ABS module, fault codes

I have recently had the ABS,HDC,TC lights come on in my 00 DiscoII(112,000miles). I went to LR who said I need a new ABS module($1800.00) and for my service engine light I need a new air filter box/housing($150.00) because mine is letting air in and throwing O2 sensor codes.
Has anyone here changed the ABS module themselves? I am thinking it looks pretty easy. Disconnect the battery, drain brake fluid, take out ABS module, put in the new one, refill brake fulid and connect battery. Is it this simple and are there any special tools needed? Any advice on making the job easier?

Thanks in advance
Cottonpatchweims

Old 01-14-2005, 01:59 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABS,HDC,TC,ABS module, fault codes

Cotton,

You can change the ABS module yourself. However, don't drain the fluid. Just unbolt and install the new one. Chances are you won't even have to bleed it. If you want, just bleed in the conventional manor. You will need to have the Dealer clear the codes.

SEL light ; The air box can set these codes. It allows unfiltered air to contaminate the MAFS. Best bet is to replace both. Light will go out with subsequent drive cycles.

Bait