Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jycsalas
Are you sure you meant option B instead option c? I don't know of anyone who has done option C.

But anyways, glad it worked!!

Josh

PS. You can paypal me the $400.....

=)
HAHA. I was like... wait a minute. I went back looking for the even easier way, option C. I think option C is electrical tape over the amigo's. Look ma, no more friends.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 AM
4wd High

Originally Posted by blairrf
2002 DII and Im trying to get the TC working so I can take the thing offroading this weekend.

The instructions were awesome and everything tested out on the ohm meter but Im still getting the amigos.

So i had the bright idea to check the fuses, after the fact...they're all good.

Then I saw this connector that is free floating near the ABS - can anyone tell me what it is?

Does anyone have ideas on what I should be checking to get rid of the amigos because apparently, it wasn't the SVS failing.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
I posted a while back that my amigos didn't disappear after I did the fix. The code just needed to be cleared. When I bought an Amigo buddy and used it there were no active codes.

I must have missed that in the instructions, so thanks for fixing my truck!!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default amigos

anyone replace the abs sensor wire? one of my faults is "low output front right"

i ordered a new sensor, and it came with long wire and 2 cut ends. my understanding is that you either splice it into current setup or plug it into ecu.

where is the slab ecu for abs?

there is a 2 pronged connector in the engine bay on passenger side where the right abs sensor feeds through fender into engine compartment. i think the new wire is supposed to eliminate this connection and they want you to directly put the feed into the ecu for abs.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

the controller is in the passenger foot well under the dash

Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default abs

ok. thanks. so for anyone that orders a new abs sensor, it now comes with really long wire. one end is the sensor that goes into the hub area, you need to remove the caliper and rotor to get to it. it is held in by an allen bolt. the other end is just a cut wire, and they supply some long conectors for the ecu input. the theory is that the 2 pronged connector in the engine bay erodes the signal so they want you to connect it all the way to ecu directly.

some mechanics do splice wires and reuse the 2 prong connector in engine bay. your choice. the wires are really really thin maybe 20 gauge, so need alum foil to prevent interference, maybe further reason to tap into ecu directly

Old 09-09-2012, 12:13 PM
8th Gear

With the three amigo's staying on and cannot clear them with my tester i decided to do option "b" today with help from a mate.

Started the engine and the Amigo's were gone,then cleared the stored codes and went for a test drive.All works fine so far.

A big thank you for this thread and who came up with this solution,it and this forum has saved me alot of money,cheers

Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
3rd Gear
Default 2002 Discovery former UK soldier needs help with codes!

Hi Guys this is my first post so hopefully all you great guys will offer some great advice...
I have just bought for my wife a 2002 Discovery with 10003 miles on it, new tires.brakes etc BUT the classic 3 are on the dashboard, ABS,Traction,Hill Des.
Have to get it though smog(was smogged 4 months ago with old owner.
I have a friend in the trade that tried to take the lights off with his machine(sorry personal trainer no knowledge of mechanics...) to no avail!
I 'm sure it will not pass smog even thou it goes off and on the lights.
Need help and would greatly appreciate any.
Sincerely
Chris

Old 09-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrrchriskidd
Hi Guys this is my first post so hopefully all you great guys will offer some great advice...
I have just bought for my wife a 2002 Discovery with 10003 miles on it, new tires.brakes etc BUT the classic 3 are on the dashboard, ABS,Traction,Hill Des.
Have to get it though smog(was smogged 4 months ago with old owner.
I have a friend in the trade that tried to take the lights off with his machine(sorry personal trainer no knowledge of mechanics...) to no avail!
I 'm sure it will not pass smog even thou it goes off and on the lights.
Need help and would greatly appreciate any.
Sincerely
Chris
I guess it depends on your state laws, but in my state, the 3 Amigos are not emission failures (if they were, a generic OBDII scanner could read and clear them) Check with your emission inspection station I think you will find that it doesn't enter into the passing smog equation.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:48 PM
3rd Gear
Default you guys are great!

I live in California, is this bad or ok...

Old 09-11-2012, 08:51 PM
3rd Gear

I will call the testing station and ask am.
thanks. I passed my Army driving test in a 1 ton Land Rover and spend 10 years in a 110 Long wheel base Land Rover! Can't believe this will a problem I know these wagons last forever!

Quick Reply: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)