Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Drain Points

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Default AC Drain Points

So I found today that I had some water soaked in the edge of my passenger side floor(near the plastic trim), front and rear doors. I found water dripping off the corner of the side body trim, rear passenger side door area, right in front of the tire, near the mud flaps. I searched the forum and I've read that this means that the drain nipples are clogged.

I've only been aware of one drain nipple on this truck and it's the only one I've seen water come out of and it always leaks water after a drive. I'm speaking of the one next to the transmission and drive shaft on the passenger side. Where exactly are the other ones?

Thanks as always

Old 07-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You should see the other one in about the same place on the other side of the transmission.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Also my fuel door keeps opening while driving. Is there something I can do to keep it secure?

It's happened before and I used bubble gum to keep it to stick(gross I know) but it worked. What's causing it come loose?

Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the door clip has worn out, its made of plastic and over time loses tension. I fixed mine by placing a piece of 16 ga electrical wire cut to 3/4" between the space on the clip to increase the surface area that engages on the door latch. Hope this helps, I know a pic would be better but can't post one right now so if you do need to see what I described above I can have one for you tomorrow.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by mishon
It sounds like the door clip has worn out, its made of plastic and over time loses tension. I fixed mine by placing a piece of 16 ga electrical wire cut to 3/4" between the space on the clip to increase the surface area that engages on the door latch. Hope this helps, I know a pic would be better but can't post one right now so if you do need to see what I described above I can have one for you tomorrow.
Yea man I would really appreciate that.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Drifting

AC Drain Points-fuel-door-latch.jpgAC Drain Points-fuel-door-latch-2.jpg

Let me know if this works for you as the 03 door latch should be the same design as on the 02.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mishon
The replacement latch is $4.95.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Drifting

Yup...5 bucks, but expect the replacement to start doing the same at some point...some sooner than later as the solenoid pin (operated by the switch) is sometimes worn as well.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by DarylJ
You should see the other one in about the same place on the other side of the transmission.

Yes, that is where mine is on my '03. It drips right on to the transmission selector switch! Now that was some good planning!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't seem to find my drain points, anyone have a photo?

Quick Reply: AC Drain Points