Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Additive adaptive mixture correction. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,404 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
You need to get an elm 327 Bluetooth adapter and an Android with the Torque app and look at your 02's to see if there are cycling. Although rare, I did have an ECU with a bad set of 02 drivers.
Did you do this? You are throwing parts at it with no information. Those codes are typically thrown when the ECU can tell the short and long term fuel trims are excessive - meaning the computer has had to increase the fuel shot outside normal parameters for the MAF reading. The question is if it is still able to compensate and the 02's are cycling or if you outside the boundaries of the fuel tables. If you are outside the boundaries you have a big leak/problem. The elm will also allow us to see the fuel trim, MAF readings, and ECT, so we get an idea of the amount you are off. The fuel map is determined by ECT and MAF - if either are reading different from actual you will have a problem

The key question to resolve is if it is really lean or just thinks it is lean. To determine that you need more data. Once that is known, you can figure out why.

That said, given everything you have already changed and the fact it is throwing both codes leads me to believe it is something common to both banks - since you have already changed the MAF, I am guessing it is bad ECT sensor.

Old 08-05-2018, 06:54 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi extinct. Thanks for your response I haven’t done this yet as I’m not sure about the hook up to an iPhone. I have a maxi-diag elite diognostics computer and I think that will work. But... I have no idea how to use it 🤣 just pull codes really. My mechanical skill set is a bit more old school than that (I’m used to series LR’s and Ladas &#128513 I’ll try and hook it up tonight and report back what I find.
Time for some YouTube tutorials.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I fought these codes for awhile not too long ago. O2s read fine, no air leaks yada yada yada. Ended up that my truck didn't like the aftermarket MAF I put in. Got a used bosch out of another rover in the lot, set the values and it's fine now.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got myself a new fandangled ELM 327. My question is... To get the fuel mapping and all that melarkie which is the best app to use? (I have an I-phone)

Old 08-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,404 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by chockster
So I got myself a new fandangled ELM 327. My question is... To get the fuel mapping and all that melarkie which is the best app to use? (I have an I-phone)
No idea on iphone - find/buy an old android and use the torque app

Old 08-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

I'm fighting with this **** too this sucks

did anyone find any solutions besides throwing a ton of parts at it

Old 08-09-2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Extinct
Did you do this? You are throwing parts at it with no information. Those codes are typically thrown when the ECU can tell the short and long term fuel trims are excessive - meaning the computer has had to increase the fuel shot outside normal parameters for the MAF reading. The question is if it is still able to compensate and the 02's are cycling or if you outside the boundaries of the fuel tables. If you are outside the boundaries you have a big leak/problem. The elm will also allow us to see the fuel trim, MAF readings, and ECT, so we get an idea of the amount you are off. The fuel map is determined by ECT and MAF - if either are reading different from actual you will have a problem

The key question to resolve is if it is really lean or just thinks it is lean. To determine that you need more data. Once that is known, you can figure out why.

That said, given everything you have already changed and the fact it is throwing both codes leads me to believe it is something common to both banks - since you have already changed the MAF, I am guessing it is bad ECT sensor.

whst is the. Ect sensor

Old 08-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Engine Coolant Temperature sensor
or
Electroconvulsive Therapy is what us Discovery owners need when dealing with these beasts.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Twix
I fought these codes for awhile not too long ago. O2s read fine, no air leaks yada yada yada. Ended up that my truck didn't like the aftermarket MAF I put in. Got a used bosch out of another rover in the lot, set the values and it's fine now.
what do you mean "set the values "

Old 08-10-2018, 04:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

I think he meant to say reset the adaption values.

Quick Reply: Additive adaptive mixture correction. Help!