Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After headliner replacement, missing sun visor clip mount.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 12:08 AM
Winching
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Default After headliner replacement, missing sun visor clip mount.

I recently took out the headliner card and had a shop put a new liner on it.

When re-assembling, the sun visor clips just sit in there loose and there is nothing for it to clip into. I turned the screw and it just wasn't grabbing on anything.

It seems like I am missing the metal plate on the inside that the clip clips to.

Does anyone know what part that is? Is there any way to secure these clips without that piece, I really don't want to unscrew the map holder and the handles to drop the liner if possible.

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason_B
I recently took out the headliner card and had a shop put a new liner on it.

When re-assembling, the sun visor clips just sit in there loose and there is nothing for it to clip into. I turned the screw and it just wasn't grabbing on anything.

It seems like I am missing the metal plate on the inside that the clip clips to.

Does anyone know what part that is? Is there any way to secure these clips without that piece, I really don't want to unscrew the map holder and the handles to drop the liner if possible.

Thanks.
I have my headliner out currently, I’ll snap a pic for you later today and see what I can find regarding the clips.

Old 07-09-2020, 08:01 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Not much to it - just a square opening cut into the sheet metal. Double check the arms on the back of your clip aren’t compromised. If one has a crack or is damaged the arms won’t fully engage causing the clip to sit loosely in the sheet metal.

Last edited by coors; 07-09-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by coors

Not much to it - just a square opening cut into the sheet metal. Double check the arms on the back of your clip aren’t comprised. If one has a crack or is damaged the arms won’t fully engage causing the clip to sit loosely in the sheet metal.
thank you so much. I added sound insulation and I am sure it is blocking it. Nice to know it is in the sheet metal so I am not missing anything. I just need to dig the insulation away.

thanks again so much!

The following users liked this post:
coors (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 06:16 PM
Winching

Hey thanks again. I got the clip in on one side and just need to do the other now.

I just had a bunch of soundproofing crap in the way. Also the new headliner pad was thicker than the old one so there was way too much padding.

I cut away some of the card-stock of the headliner, the soundproofing and compressed what was left with my thumb and got it to barley pop in. When I tightened the screw it held snug.