Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After a nice day of Off-Roading in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Where did you guys go, the Pines?

Old 04-02-2018, 10:03 AM
TReK
Received 760 Likes on 628 Posts

Wharton State Forest is the only legal offroading in NJ unless you're on private land. I don't know that I've been anywhere in that area that would account for that amount of damage though!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:36 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Ouch! Wheeling this time of the year is extremely difficult on metal/plastic parts. Darn frost is still in the ground, but the top few inches is soft after it warms up some...making for a slippery mess. Plus, wet logs are cold/frozen...so crossing them on an angle is super difficult...especially if still covered in frost.

Wheeled for three days up north over the weekend, but played with kid gloves and walked several areas before attempting.

Gerry, I'm surprised you couldn't find a silver fender....seems to be a pretty popular color.

Brian.
Brian,
It was great fun despite of the damages. Yes those wet logs did most of the damages coz once I got stuck half way, the rest of the tires dug deeper into mud. Had ask the guy behind me to straighten me out with winch so I can realign myself to cross. I saw the disco in front of me crossed the same log full throttle and went up in the air for about 1 to 2 feet above ground. Crazy height!

Fender was 96 bucks I guess includes shipping. The rest are over 300 bucks. Bought before and was black and repainted it with Land Rover match can spray and top coat. Worked well and this side got damaged again.

The following users liked this post:
The Deputy (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 10:47 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Where did you guys go, the Pines?
It was a private owned land. The owner made the trails and sent invitation jokingly (i guess) the day before on facebook to finish and test the trails. People showed up. LOL!

Old 04-02-2018, 10:55 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by mollusc
Wharton State Forest is the only legal offroading in NJ unless you're on private land. I don't know that I've been anywhere in that area that would account for that amount of damage though!

Here is the
I put together of the place and event.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Nice video. But, you guys need to spread out some. Nothing worse than a bunch of bunched up rovers...especially...if someone gets out of shape...or...two rigs get out of shape. Makes winching and backing much more difficult.

Looks like some pretty tight stuff. Couldn't imagine going through there after a rain.

Thank you, for sharing...good stuff!

Brian.

The following users liked this post:
LR03NJ (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 12:40 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

OMG I don't think I've heard The Smiths in about 100 years!

Old 04-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Received 1,131 Likes on 781 Posts

Thanks for sharing the video I was trying to figure out how you managed to do so much damage. But there are some pretty tight sections in there. Some of those overhanging branches were on the low side.

Looked like the Disco in front of you was not shedding any mud off the tires that will lead to a lot of sliding about.

But still looked like fun

Old 04-02-2018, 02:00 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by OverRover
OMG I don't think I've heard The Smiths in about 100 years!
Hahahaha! I decided to use only british. LOL

Old 04-02-2018, 02:13 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Richard Gallant
Thanks for sharing the video I was trying to figure out how you managed to do so much damage. But there are some pretty tight sections in there. Some of those overhanging branches were on the low side.

Looked like the Disco in front of you was not shedding any mud off the tires that will lead to a lot of sliding about.

But still looked like fun
Actually the guy infront of me owns a european car dealership and has tons of series LR and defenders. He mentioned that he just got that one and want to try it. Tires were regular tires.
Most of the bends on the trail were hidden a bit until you get close. Problem is the steering away from the trees when the tires wont grip in the mud, I just had to wait until I hit it. Haha. It was great experiencing what really the rover can do and being proud at the same time driving one.

Quick Reply: After a nice day of Off-Roading in NJ