Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And all the possible sources for over fueling are?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic88

And by the way, ain't nothin' snooty about anything coming out of Comstock, Michigan. (Right Spike) Just Damn good brew.

EXACTLY!!
I think I might just pick up some Bell's for this weekend.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you looked at the Engine data while it is running? Does the Engine Coolant Temp (ETC) register full operating temp? If not, could your T-stat be stuck open? Or could the ETC sensor be faulty? This will cause the ECM to think the engine is cold and keep it running rich.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thospb
Have you looked at the Engine data while it is running? Does the Engine Coolant Temp (ETC) register full operating temp? If not, could your T-stat be stuck open? Or could the ETC sensor be faulty? This will cause the ECM to think the engine is cold and keep it running rich.
I have not looked at any other engine data live while running, just the newest o2 sensors once installed to confirm they were working properly.

I did try and check the ECT sensor with a multimeter (which is hard to get at and get a reading even with the alt out of the way), but my test ended up inconclusive! I did get a reading from it that it was functioning, but I'm not sure beyond that.

I suppose the t-stat could be stuck open, is there an easier way to check it then by yanking off the hoses and losing coolant? lol

I'm hoping to spend saturday morning going over all possibilities to figure this out. As of now I plan on checking: plugs, fuel pressure, ECT sensor, and maybe t-stat.

I've read up on the fuel pressure regulator and that seems like another possible cause, but will be a bit of a bugger to get to and check, so I will leave that for last.

Thanks, DIIB