Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another Amigos & shuttle valve post

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another Amigos & shuttle valve post

I have an ABS amigo scanner and pulled my ABS code: 114 Shuttle Valve Electric Failure. I have read the posts about the fix, I can do that no problem (Thanks Josh!).

However, when my lights come on when pressing the brakes (sometimes), it feels like a momentary engaging of the ABS system. Is my sensor actually telling me I have a problem, or is it just a bad sensor? Do I need to rebuild the shuttle valves?
If I do the ABS Modulator fix without repairing the shuttle valves could I have a problem with the modulator but no warning light, since the sensor is bypassed?

It would be nice to know before I take things apart, so that I have the right parts for the repair.
Thanks!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

With your mileage and if you plan on keeping that Disco, also replace the shuttle valve and o-ring set then do a full 2 quarts DOT 4 brake flush.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiscoMeadows
I have an ABS amigo scanner and pulled my ABS code: 114 Shuttle Valve Electric Failure. I have read the posts about the fix, I can do that no problem (Thanks Josh!).

However, when my lights come on when pressing the brakes (sometimes), it feels like a momentary engaging of the ABS system. Is my sensor actually telling me I have a problem, or is it just a bad sensor? Do I need to rebuild the shuttle valves?
If I do the ABS Modulator fix without repairing the shuttle valves could I have a problem with the modulator but no warning light, since the sensor is bypassed?

It would be nice to know before I take things apart, so that I have the right parts for the repair.
Thanks!
The sensor is not being bypassed, all that is being bypassed is the internal wiring of the shuttle switches to the wiring harness.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never underestimate how hard this job is, while being helped by a 2 year-old!