Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another crazy idea: A-Frame HD winch bumper fab

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Smile another crazy idea: A-Frame HD winch bumper fab

As some of you know I have the LR A-Frame brush bar on my truck and its in rough shape. I also have a crack and hole in my front bumper so I've been thinking about HD bumpers for a little while now. If I don't end up losing my truck then later down the road (this year) is like to see about repairing or adding strength to my A-Frame. But I also want to purchase the TerraFirma HD bumper from Rovers North. It's a low profile bumper that in my opinion is the nearest aftermarket bumper which resembles the factory bumper design. Just needs the fog lights added. Anyways so what do you guys think about combining the factory A-Frame with the TF front bumper? Maybe cut off the button portion of the A-Frame and weld it onto the top front section of the TF bumper! Then paint the bumper to match body color, add the fog lights and the truck will look clean and almost stock! Do you guys think its possible? I just really like how the A-Frame design looks but I also need an HD bumper so it sounds like a good idea to me. I know of only one mechanic in my area who may be able to pull it off, but have not heard back from him yet. Thoughts?

Old 05-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

once you have the clean look of the TF bumper you will not want the a frame

Old 05-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just buy a bumper with a bull bar. Its going to cost about the same.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:20 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Dane!
Just buy a bumper with a bull bar. Its going to cost about the same.
Ugly and very unclean looking. I love the look of the factory front bumper save the fact that its made of plastic. Had it been priginally made of a strong metal then all I would need to do would be add a winch and id be happy. But alas thats not the case so im looking for something clean and almost factory looking. I want my truck to resemble a factory D2 until it hits another object....

Old 05-08-2014, 06:39 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

You're complaining about a title loan charging you usury rates in one thread and in the next you're talking about winches, brush bars and HD bumpers. For a moment I was feeling sorry for your financial predicament but I think it's quite apparent you are all too happy digging yourself deeper and deeper into financial ruin over a stupid vehicle you really can't afford.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
You're complaining about a title loan charging you usury rates in one thread and in the next you're talking about winches, brush bars and HD bumpers. For a moment I was feeling sorry for your financial predicament but I think it's quite apparent you are all too happy digging yourself deeper and deeper into financial ruin over a stupid vehicle you really can't afford.

The key word above was if I dont lose my truck, and when I get caught up with other priorities. Right now I'm not in the market to buy anything more for my truck and when i cringe over the price of a cheap bumper sticker to cover the crack in my bumper (so I can get inspected) its apparent times are tough. But i also like to think a bit on the optimistic side of life. Maybe things will work out, maybe ill be able to pay off the title loan (i regret taking out in the first place) and maybe just maybe later this year I can invest in one of the cheaper HD bumpers available (TF) for my truck.

Thanks for the "almost" sympathy though coming from you it is not required Paul Grant. Partly because often times you have a bad attitude or are just a bit to rude. I made a dumb choice to take out a loan I cannot easily pay back and now I have to consider the negative consequences. If i find a way through this mess then Ill gladly sink another $5,000 into "that stupid truck of mine" over the next couple years. Aint any different then what other owners do. Investing in aftermarket HD diffs, huge over-sized tires, enormous lift kits, large bulky ARB bumpers, engine swaps etc.

With all the money you have made of these forums I'm surprised you still own one of these "stupid trucks" at all. You could always quit the business, sell your Rover and buy a Toyota Prius

Old 05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
TReK

Don't even start with me kid. I remember when you were bounced from this forum as well as LRO after selling people stuff when you didn't even know what it was.

I also remember you wasting everyone's time with your pipe dream of converting a non ACE truck to ACE. I also remember you wishing that a Rovers North would allow you to buy a galvanized chassis on lay away.

Wake up!!!! YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO OWN A ROVER. You took on a loan that charges you 300% interest on this truck. You gave up on you DI that you couldn't afford when you used to waste our time on these boards as Shadow a Merchant before you were banned. Believe whatever you want and dream whatever dream you want but stop blowing smoke up our asses about what you want to do when you have the money. You are wasting your time and ours.

Now, as far as what money I've made in my life, at least I know I can afford a Rover without seeking out loansharks to keep me afloat.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
Don't even start with me kid. I remember when you were bounced from this forum as well as LRO after selling people stuff when you didn't even know what it was.

I also remember you wasting everyone's time with your pipe dream of converting a non ACE truck to ACE. I also remember you wishing that a Rovers North would allow you to buy a galvanized chassis on lay away.

Wake up!!!! YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO OWN A ROVER. You took on a loan that charges you 300% interest on this truck. You gave up on you DI that you couldn't afford when you used to waste our time on these boards as Shadow a Merchant before you were banned. Believe whatever you want and dream whatever dream you want but stop blowing smoke up our asses about what you want to do when you have the money. You are wasting your time and ours.

Now, as far as what money I've made in my life, at least I know I can afford a Rover without seeking out loansharks to keep me afloat.

I was banned because you and Disco Mike are a bit to close and you got made when I said I did not care who you thought you were. Ive sold a fair share of things on here and to this day Ive received ZERO complaints (at least non Im aware of). After pleading with and being completely ignored by DIsco Mike about being banned unfairly without any warning I made a new account here, OMG! God forbid if I love this forum Excuse me for the one time I mistakenly mistitled the name of the ABS box that I was trying to sell. That poor D1 though, man if only you knew how badly that truck was treated by PO, why did I buy it and waste my time and money? I liked how a lifted D1 looked and it was my first encounter with a Rover. Guess I did not have someone as polite and caring as you there on the spot to warn me of how expensive and unreliable that truck would be.....

You must really have a thing against people who make less money then you.... you do realize that a majority of the people on this forum probably cannot afford to own one of these trucks in the first place RIGHT? Tons and tons of threads on here from people about all the problems they are experiencing with these trucks and how expensive it is to fix them and weather they should give up on the Green Oval and move on. If your gonna rime me for my passion then you might want to expand your lecture to the entire forum and most of its members. I really dont care how much $$$$$$ you make Paul, its just your negative attitude. Who gives a **** if I make a thread every now and then about things id like to do with my truck, cant be much worse then making a thread complaing about mechanical problems. Im sure those get boring after awhile to Paul. Rovers are my passion, probably always will be. I dream about the day when I can easily afford to own a couple Rovers, keep them all up to date and have tons of fun with them. Isnt that the point of this forum? Or is that subject to me getting banned again?

Last edited by TRIARII; 05-08-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:44 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by drowssap
once you have the clean look of the TF bumper you will not want the a frame
Back to the topic at hand, what exactly do you mean? The TF bumper does have a clean look to it when painted to match the body color. What are your thoughts about modifying my a-frame bar to fit on the TF bumper?

Old 05-08-2014, 07:58 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by TRIARII
I was banned because you and Disco Mike are a bit to close and you got made when I said I did not care who you thought you were. Ive sold a fair share of things on here and to this day Ive received ZERO complaints (at least non Im aware of). After pleading with and being completely ignored by DIsco Mike about being banned unfairly without any warning I made a new account here, OMG! God forbid if I love this forum Excuse me for the one time I mistakenly mistitled the name of the ABS box that I was trying to sell. That poor D1 though, man if only you knew how badly that truck was treated by PO, why did I buy it and waste my time and money? I liked how a lifted D1 looked and it was my first encounter with a Rover. Guess I did not have someone as polite and caring as you there on the spot to warn me of how expensive and unreliable that truck would be.....

You must really have a thing against people who make less money then you.... you do realize that a majority of the people on this forum probably cannot afford to own one of these trucks in the first place RIGHT? Tons and tons of threads on here from people about all the problems they are experiencing with these trucks and how expensive it is to fix them and weather they should give up on the Green Oval and move on. If your gonna rime me for my passion then you might want to expand your lecture to the entire forum and most of its members. I really dont care how much $$$$$$ you make Paul, its just your negative attitude. Who gives a **** if I make a thread every now and then about things id like to do with my truck, cant be much worse then making a thread complaing about mechanical problems. Im sure those get boring after awhile to Paul. Rovers are my passion, probably always will be. I dream about the day when I can easily afford to own a couple Rovers, keep them all up to date and have tons of fun with them. Isnt that the point of this forum? Or is that subject to me getting banned again?
You were banned because you were selling parts you were claiming to be fully functional in one thread while whinning about them not working in another. You complained about your ABS system not working on one thread while trying to sell ABS components as fully functional in the next. Basically, you had no clue as to what you were doing. That is why you were banned here and on LRO. I also seem to remember that Disco Mike was not the only moderator who felt your behavior needed to be reigned in.

I don't have a problem with people who make less money than me. I do have a problem with people who waste my time or the time of others.

Let's just take a look at a few threads you either started or were involved with over the last few months.

another crazy idea: A-Frame HD winch bumper fab

Title loan has me by the ***** and now I may have to sell the Disco

Shes up for optional sale or trade again

Reaching out to the D2 section for a bumper end cap

2004 D2 for sale

Rover North Brand New Frames

Im getting bored, should I trade for a P38?

Maybe swapping for a 2003 D2

ACR Hi torque 4.8 upgrade engine

Upcomming Project: My biggest Challenge

Balpark prices for GBR and Cannibal engine?

These are titles of threads, mostly started by you in the last several months or where you made comments about what you "planned" to do with your truck. Planning to put an HD bumper on your truck while making payments on a 300% apr loan against it. That's a great start. Posting about selling the truck, not once but twice. Whining about no one wanting to sell you a few used parts cheap so you could pass inspection. Back again moaning that Rovers North doesn't have a lay away plan so you could buy a new galvanized chassis. But, wait, you want to trade your DII for a Range Rover. Hold that, maybe it's an '03 DII you'll be swapping for. No, you actually are interested in a 4.8L engine upgrade from ACR but that's not before you contacted me and asked me to put an ACE system on lay away for you.

You're all over the map and don't have a pocket to **** in. That's very different that what most of the posters on this board are going through. You're the consummate drama queen revealing way too much personal info all the while wasting our time with your pipe dreams. You need to walk away from Rovers and develop a real life with a focus on something other than inanimate objects.

Quick Reply: another crazy idea: A-Frame HD winch bumper fab