Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another crazy idea: A-Frame HD winch bumper fab

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

personally speaking I don't care that some starts a thread about things they want to do to there vehicles. We all have dreams about what we want to accomplish with them or what we want to put on them or places where we want to take them.

What I do care about is having threads turned in to a public bitching matches. I am sure I have said or done thing that folks don't agree with but I don't need to respond in kind to them.

So we all have dreams and we all want oppions on them

Never having been banned from a site I would be grateful to be able to be back and enjoy the forum

Thats my $0.02. If you want to be like children go to discoweb and get roasted by every one

Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I do like me some discoweb.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
You were banned because you were selling parts you were claiming to be fully functional in one thread while whinning about them not working in another. You complained about your ABS system not working on one thread while trying to sell ABS components as fully functional in the next. Basically, you had no clue as to what you were doing. That is why you were banned here and on LRO. I also seem to remember that Disco Mike was not the only moderator who felt your behavior needed to be reigned in.

I don't have a problem with people who make less money than me. I do have a problem with people who waste my time or the time of others.

Let's just take a look at a few threads you either started or were involved with over the last few months.

another crazy idea: A-Frame HD winch bumper fab

Title loan has me by the ***** and now I may have to sell the Disco

Shes up for optional sale or trade again

Reaching out to the D2 section for a bumper end cap

2004 D2 for sale

Rover North Brand New Frames

Im getting bored, should I trade for a P38?

Maybe swapping for a 2003 D2

ACR Hi torque 4.8 upgrade engine

Upcomming Project: My biggest Challenge

Balpark prices for GBR and Cannibal engine?

These are titles of threads, mostly started by you in the last several months or where you made comments about what you "planned" to do with your truck. Planning to put an HD bumper on your truck while making payments on a 300% apr loan against it. That's a great start. Posting about selling the truck, not once but twice. Whining about no one wanting to sell you a few used parts cheap so you could pass inspection. Back again moaning that Rovers North doesn't have a lay away plan so you could buy a new galvanized chassis. But, wait, you want to trade your DII for a Range Rover. Hold that, maybe it's an '03 DII you'll be swapping for. No, you actually are interested in a 4.8L engine upgrade from ACR but that's not before you contacted me and asked me to put an ACE system on lay away for you.

You're all over the map and don't have a pocket to **** in. That's very different that what most of the posters on this board are going through. You're the consummate drama queen revealing way too much personal info all the while wasting our time with your pipe dreams. You need to walk away from Rovers and develop a real life with a focus on something other than inanimate objects.

Nope! Heres how it went down. I bought a beat up D1, owned it for maybe 4 months and but a couple hundred bucks into it before realizing it was a lost cause. Then I decided to retire the truck, take off any parts I thought might be good for sale and sell the body to a salvage yard. I posted a **** load of different parts in separate threads (which pissed you off - my bad) , which probably led to a little competition with you because one. Then one day I listed a ABS block for sale and you freaked out on me, calling me a fraud because in another thread I mentioned that I had a ABS light on in the dash along with the brake light and many others. Thing is, the truck was a 1998 with 179K give or take? I did not hide that fact. The truck had many potential problems many of which I probably knew nothing about. I never made a promise that all the parts were in perfect working condition. I listed pictures and people chose weather they wanted to buy my parts or not. I simply listed any items I thought might be of use to anyone else and I promised to accept returns if the parts were in fact bad. This must have pissed you off because you sent me your first and last "polite" message about how I need to make a profit on the parts I sell, implying that my prices were to low! Later one you and I got into an argument and you asked me "Do you know who I am? and I replied I dont give two ****s. Then you whined to your buddy Disco Mike to ban me immediately. Funny thing your info is all over Mikes page so obviously you to have something going on

Lets talk about payment plans: The last 2 vehicles Ive owned I purchased via private owner payment plans. In one case I was permitted to bring the car home, owner held onto title and copy of the keys until sum was paid in full. For my current girl I had to make payments weekly to the owner until the sum was paid in full before I got to drive her home. Then not long after I needed a new front driveshaft but did not have the cash up front. A couple very kind people on this very forum helped me out and I ended up making a couple payments on a new front driveshaft for my truck. The shaft was sent to me in advance of any payment and guess what Paul? I paid it off in full. Dont believe it ask Zack! Some folks dont make as much money as you, some folks have a hard time coming up with a large sum of cash up front so they have to improvise in order to get the things they need. If I was a fraud as you have for a couple years claimed, then I would have kept the driveshaft and never pay a dime. And again you fail to bring up even one time where a customer from this site or anywhere else had any complaints about the business they did with me. You were just mad because someone else came along with a inventory of parts for sale that may have been competitive to your prices. By the way I just sold my 3 rotors to a forum member on this site. Deal was he mail me horn buttons and send me $30 and Id ship all 3 rotors for $30 shipped from NH to Calif. Sadly I underestimated the shipping charge for such a long distance so I ended up paying about $40 for the cheapest shipping possible. So much for a profit there. Then again I could have kept the horn buttons and kept the rotors to cause you know Im notorious for that kind of **** Paul When he does receive his rotors maybe he can shed some light on my business ethic a bit.

Lets talk about my Disco: I once dreamed of getting a 2004 D2 with black interior and a good mechanical history. Took me over a year to find one and I looked all over the nation. Funny how I find the right one just a couple hours north in the same state. I ended up making payments on the truck, paid it in full and bam the truck and title are mine (I have the documents to prove it so dont worry Paul, I did not steal the truck). Then I dreamed of getting a lift, slotted/drilled rotors and ceramic pads, and I dreamed of getting g4 tali light guards because I hate how the metal ones look and the list goes on. Yes Paul I have many ambitions with this truck and I also have ideas for other Rovers Id like to get my hands on. EVery now and then I find a Rover for sale that Id love to get my hands on but never have the cash at hand when I see them. Recently I found a 2003 Black on Black D2 with rebuilt engine for sale. I made a thread on here and tried selling my truck so I could buy it. Would have made my life easier with the engine already fixed and the perfect color combination i prefer. But alas the truck was sold before I knew it. MY BAD. Is that any different then other members spending over $10k on repairs and mods to their truck just to turn around sell it and start over with another Rover? Probably not. Since then though Ive managed to use that little bit of money in my pissy pocket to upgrade my complete brake system as listed in my signature. Finally got the lift I wanted and the 5 new 16" unique LR wheels I wanted. The ones that you tried bull****ing me about the lug nuts not fitting then denying it after the fact! Ive got all that done, managed to get most all the fluids changed and a better set of tires to. Shes running better today then she did when I got her and I have TONS of receipts for parts Ive bought new for this truck. Im proud of it. Im not rich and I dont often have much money, so it takes me alot longer than some to get the parts I need and want. Who gives a ****? The reason why I make threads to so I can get relevant opinions and info on the parts im considering buying. People say "buy this 180 TDI thermostat" then by dam Im probably gonna buy it when i can afford it. Sometimes I like to share my ideas and passions with people on here who i believe may share my passion. Thats that point of these forums. They were not intended soley for people like you to molest Rovers and sell off their parts to poor people who cant afford to buy new parts!

If you dont like me or my posts then bug out. I still do not give a **** who you think you are but i dont go butting into your threads trying to get under your skin or say stupid ****. Your more mature than that Paul so act like it. Why lower yourself to my level? What the heck do I know about anything? Probably nothing so why waste your time and get all bent out of shape?

End of discussion.

Thanks and well said Reeves. Im certainly glad you have decided to come back to us. I just hope you wont get into any trouble with your job. I remember you saying something awhile back about getting a new job and being prohibited from providing some mechanical information or something like that? and you are right, my apologies for feeding into somebodies negative attitude. Some people just dont ever move on. Now can we get back to bumper talk?

Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 AM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

I'm not the only one who thinks you aren't in a position to own a Rover. From your whiny thread about your title loan, no fewer than three senior members echoed this sentiment:

DiscoRover007

"But Triar if you do indeed sell the Disco just stay away from Rovers for a while. You are in a pinch right now and Land Rover isn't right kind of vehicle for that situation. Get yourself something cheap and reliable till you have some dough to spend. You don't have to have a Rover. Frankly I'm considering selling mine soon as well."

ACG

"I suggest you cut your losses now and get a more reliable (non-Rover) vehicle. Based on what I read, you have a major longer-term financial issue to fix when you are saying that you cannot even pay off a $2,000 loan. Getting another "cheap ***" Rover could dig yourself deeper in the hole even if you were able to sell the current Rover and use the funds to pay off the loan.

I suggest getting a cheap and reliable car for a few years and save up until the time when you have savings to cover the purchase of a Rover as well as funds for emergencies such as unexpected living expenses or Rover expenses.

I hope you will understand that I am not trying to sound judgmental or critical. I was able to have fulfill my passion for hobby cars (VWs, Porsches, Rovers) due to some forward planning to ensure saved funds are available for the unexpected life and hobby expenses that come with having such older vehicles which are prone repairs.

I recognize your passion for Rovers. I love reading your posts and ideas for fixing or modifying the beloved Discovery. I advise staying within your financial ability in order to take care of yourself first. It will probably suck hearing this from me. I made financial mistakes in my youth and have come to learn that discipline is the delaying of gratification. It will be more gratifying when you have enough saved funds to get a truly reliable Disco in the future, including saved funds for making improvements or unexpected repairs on the new vehicle."

Army Rover

"x2. The most expensive Rover is a cheap one"

Now when does the thread about supercharging your DII start???? Maybe a bigger title loan will help you.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

meh, it's prolly just a fuse.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:09 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Yeah an old blown fuse

So is there any way to strengthen the metal on my brush bar? Some of the paint chipped off and rust has begun to build. I was thinking about sanding down everything, add some rust inhibitor and then a couple coats if fresh paint. But if this brush bar could ever be welded onto a HD bumper, than is want it to be stronger. Is there any form of chemical or product that can be applied to old metal to strengthen it?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

This thread is awesome. Can i get some jabs in or what?

Old 05-09-2014, 04:25 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Chris, I think we need to get in on this title loan scam. Think about it. I could have sold this kid the ACE system he wanted to put on layaway by offering a title loan. If he missed a payment I could have wound up with his Rover and perhaps we could have avoided a few of these whiny threads.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
I do like me some discoweb.
guilty pleasure here too

Old 05-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Pirate flame wars are better.

Quick Reply: another crazy idea: A-Frame HD winch bumper fab