Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another reason to not live in California

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many of you are missing that the smogging system is not designed for the world but for counties that are densly populated. The idea also assumes that someone who lives in a smog exempt county will drive into one that requires smog tests, plus it assumes that someone who lives in a smog rewuired county to drive out of one. The reason there is a smog test to begin with is becasue of the amount of cars in one spot that the natural earth cannot dispurse the poolutants fast enough and so it becomes a problem, in sparley populated areas it can since the enviroment is not overwhelmed by the amount coming in.

We also must understand that every single volcano that has errupted has generated more pollutants in our atmosphere than all emissions that man has made since the beginning of the industrial revolution and the invention of cars. What that means is that the rules are not for the benefit of the whole world atmosphere but for the residents and enviroment in that specified area.

I repsect Spike and what he does for us and his views because I like diverstiy. I think he may also realize that as a liberal it is better for the enviroment to drive a por gas mileage Land Rover than buy a new Prius or similar (impact from manufacturing and waste of current resources). I think almost all of us on here know that if our trucks are not working right we fix them, and thus it better for the enviroment wherever you live. Plus I feel we all need more personal responsibilty as a nation; imagine if we all could accept the consequeces of our own mistakes. The bithcing about the $900K loan you got on a $100K a year salary would go away. No matter what the broker or banker said, you should know you cannot afford it.

Sorry for the rant, just throwing my .02 in.

Last edited by handsome rob; 09-30-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: cannot spell.