Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another XYZ Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay current update. ive cleaned the maf with crc maf cleaner and gave it plenty of time to dry. reinstalled the stock ait box with new air filter. drain and filled tranny. i think it getting close to being at the right fluid level. i have the disco up on four jack stands running and im running it through all the gears. allowing the tires to turn and run for a bit. it dose only look like its taken just one galloon of fluid. i did mix the fluid with lucas tranny slip fix but it still seems like there is a hessitation before the tire actually turn. ive clear all the codes and nothing has come back yet. only the three amigos remain. im gonna keep try to get more fluid in it. but is it possible to iver fill these trannys. thanks againfor all the info. ill keep updating this as i go on.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead One Me
okay current update. ive cleaned the maf with crc maf cleaner and gave it plenty of time to dry. reinstalled the stock ait box with new air filter. drain and filled tranny. i think it getting close to being at the right fluid level. i have the disco up on four jack stands running and im running it through all the gears. allowing the tires to turn and run for a bit. it dose only look like its taken just one galloon of fluid. i did mix the fluid with lucas tranny slip fix but it still seems like there is a hessitation before the tire actually turn. ive clear all the codes and nothing has come back yet. only the three amigos remain. im gonna keep try to get more fluid in it. but is it possible to iver fill these trannys. thanks againfor all the info. ill keep updating this as i go on.
Would be pretty tough to overfill if you were on a level area, unless you were using a fill adapter and a pump...but even then as soon as you took that off to put the plug in it would pour out. I'm not sure if would cause much of an issue either to have a small amount of extra fluid in.
What did the fluid look/smell like that you drained? What kind of fluid you put back in?

Old 12-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Overlanding

the fluid looked alittle dark for only being a day of use. but i used dextron 3 to put back in it.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Overlanding

okay now after running for a bit on the street and m and s lights started flashing. im gonna pull the xyz switch and see if i can rebuild it

Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Won't need rebuilding, just a really good clean out. There are a series of open contact switches. Ressit temptation to file down their contacts, just clean well.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It makes sense it is a bit dark. You are only getting maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the old fluid out when you drain. It will take maybe 3 drain/refills to get the fluid to near fully new.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Overlanding

im gonna try and rebuild the xyz switch tommrow and give you guys some more updates

Old 12-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts
Old 01-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Overlanding

okay its been awhile so here my update. i opened up the xyz switch and didnt see much damage or billed up on the contacts. i put it back togeather and just stuck it back on the disco and now it wont start and i have no lights on the transmission selector. any ideas on were to go from here. is m xyz switch dead.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Overlanding

so i got a new to me xyz switch from landroverparts.com my disco was sitting for awhile and i did have to jump start it but it is still giving me the flashing ms lights and the gear selector wont go all the way down to first. did i not install it right or what... please help

Quick Reply: Another XYZ Thread