Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any under hood fuse that powers off w key off?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any under hood fuse that powers off w key off?

Do any of the fuses under the hood cut off when key is off, or are they all always hot?

Reason I ask is because I've been takin the motorcycle out more often, and the truck sat for a few days and the voltate was low and took longer to start. though it was odd... then I noticed that when I start the truck, my CB turns on by itself while the starter cranks then cuts back off, even when POWERED off. It is currently connected to an "add a fuse" fuse splitter type device to one of the accessory fuses (forgot to check which number).

I unplugged the CB from the rear and let it sit a few days again... started up with regular voltage and no problems. Plugged the radio back in, and low and behold the drain issue reappeared. Went online, seems its common to these radios, they have an active memory system and a weather alert scan function thats always on even with the power button off. Mehhhh.... to solve the problem I'd rather just hook it up to a fuse that simply has no power when the keys out. I don't save any memory channels on the radio so loosing its settings everytime is no issue for me. I'd rather not run it to an in car fuse just to minimize noise and distance for power pull from the battery... but knowing that it draws all the time, I'm CERTAINLY not going to bypass the fusebox and correct direct to the battery with inline fuses like I did for my vhf/uhf radio which doesnt draw a peep when shes turned off! (japanese vs. american quality electronics i guess hahaha)

Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Fuse 1 or 2 perhaps. A relay is there to power up the plus side of injectors, and other things.