Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocom CDP+ for Disco 2 ABS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
That was just me being a smart *** regarding a cheap product made in Asia ^^ not harm intended. Probably not any viruses in that software either.
Ok, I feel better. Besides, half our Country's Electronics are made there. iPhone anyone?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the one you bought? The picture is different but from everything I can tell it's the same product.

NEW Design Autocom CDP+ for Cars/Trucks and OBD2 New Verison 2013.01 without Box - US$62.00

I already ordered it but just thought I'd check anyway. Fingers crossed!

I'm glad I held out on buying the amigo tool because this is much cheaper and should still help me accomplish everything I want to get done.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by CaptainCulp
Is the one you bought? The picture is different but from everything I can tell it's the same product.

NEW Design Autocom CDP+ for Cars/Trucks and OBD2 New Verison 2013.01 without Box - US$62.00

I already ordered it but just thought I'd check anyway. Fingers crossed!

I'm glad I held out on buying the amigo tool because this is much cheaper and should still help me accomplish everything I want to get done.
It is virtually the same thing. Only difference is I have the updated software (2013.2.2) and a different color case (mine is red anodized). But as far as I can tell, you can update yours too. You just need to get your hands on the software. If you need help when you receive it, let me know and I'll help you get it going.

EDIT: Mine is the slightly newer version that has the LED light on the OBD Plug. No big though. I normally do it by braille anyways.

Last edited by SuperSport; 10-15-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Three Wheeling

It can be very tuff to install the Autocom software. To install the software follow the youtube link below.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Pro Wrench

Were you able to get ver 2013.2.2 working without getting your XML File activated? I ended up getting mine activated through a forum elsewhere.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Were you able to get ver 2013.2.2 working without getting your XML File activated? I ended up getting mine activated through a forum elsewhere.
No I didn't run the update yet. I wanted to clear some codes, and make sure that they don't come back before I start messing with updates. I'm not even sure that I will update. Depends on the benefits...

I just want to add that the Autocom works like a dream. It was so easy to read and clear code. It even labeled my ABS code. eg. Right rear sensor... and so on. I had to run the "clear codes" twice to clear the "ABS" light though. I'm going to do some light offroading this weekend to see if anything comes back. I can't wait to hear that WABCO do it's work...LOL

Going to run the Autocom in live mode to see how my DII is doing on the inside...

BTW... What forum did you go too?

Last edited by Dean; 10-18-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Three Wheeling

Okay, got my Autocom software installed. I will have to plug it into the car tomorrow when it's light out. I'm assuming that's how it gets power.

Anyway, other than to record info while driving, do I need an SD card?

Old 10-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Dean
BTW... What forum did you go too?
AutoRepairManuals.ws I'm also in the process of making a program that will make the install MUCH easier! I'm testing it now...
Okay, got my Autocom software installed. I will have to plug it into the car tomorrow when it's light out. I'm assuming that's how it gets power.

Anyway, other than to record info while driving, do I need an SD card?
Correct, power is from the OBDII Plug. I don' think the SD Card does anything else, at least from what I can tell. I haven't needed it yet.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm also in the process of making a program that will make the install MUCH easier! I'm testing it now....
Why not just rewrite the whole program while you're at it? Maybe I'm just spoiled with Apple apps but the design on it is less than pleasing/intuitive.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Pro Wrench

Why not just rewrite the whole program while you're at it? Maybe I'm just spoiled with Apple apps but the design on it is less than pleasing/intuitive.
I'm not THAT good at programming... I WISH I was.

PS: I'll be fixing the Delphi Install Software, not the AutoCom. Although, I'll probably do that one too in the future. Delphi is a LITTLE more pleasing to my eye, but still very similar.

On a Tablet, it's not too bad to use.

Quick Reply: Autocom CDP+ for Disco 2 ABS