Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad new greaseable U joints?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad new greaseable U joints?

well in that second opinion i had the transfer case reboult twice. I still have a very slight vibration at over 5 000 rpm. is this a problem ?

My differential lock warning light is on ....

I have heard that if i drive on reverse a couple of times the light will come off ... is this true???

Old 04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: andrewmcoffin

I would really recommend you take a look at Tom Wood's if you're buying a completely new shaft:

http://www.4xshaft.com/index.html

Fully greasable, built tough for off road, and he regularly makes shafts for Discos. And I cannot speak highly enough of their customer service. You'll find a number of board members here have installed his shafts. Rebuilding and Tom Wood's seem to be the two most popular options for taking care of this problem--that's how I found out about him.
If you don't want to have it rebuilt then do Tom Woods, their shaft is far better the Rovers new shaft that still doesn't come with grease fitting and will fail.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Three Wheeling

Thank You Mike .. I already bought a new drive shaft from coloradodriveshaft.com It seems OK . problem now is with the transfer case It had a lot of play were the front DS bolts In workshop said it was what destroyed the ds in the first place..... I had it rebuilt .. and I still have some vivration over 5000 RPM and the Diff Lock warnig light is on all the time.

I´m really tired of this problem that doesnt seem to have an end. I have been dealling with this one way or another for 4 months now.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Three Wheeling

Disco Mike... Do you Think that these vibration could be coming from the hand breake or parking breake located in the front of the rear drive shaft and the transfer case?

I took it to a New 4x4 work shop . they are a lot better than the work shop i was taking it to and have some experience with Land Rovers and a lot of experience on 4x4 cars. they told me it could be inbalanced. it sounds like a cheap repair right?

Thank You
Javier