Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best money spent to date on the Rover! Plus, fixed the engine tick!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 04:09 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You cant beat this for $90, only thing not built in is XM/Sirius. Charges my Android as well as iPod/iPhone. Has USB and 3.5mm AUX jack. Bluetooth mic is built into the front of the unit and people say I sound just fine on the other end. Bluetooth streaming works great, I don't even use the 3.5mm cord anymore to play Amazon Cloud or Pandora (Cut it in half to wire my CB's PA and never went back).

Amazon.com: Dual XHD7714 AM/FM/CD player and HD Radio Built-it iTunes Tagging: Electronics

I was even able to cut a filler piece off off an extra part of the mounting kit which saved me over $10.
I have the compatible PAC steering wheel control unit, but have yet to get around to hooking it up, but once I do I should be able to use the stock steering wheel controlls for ~$40.

Pics
Dual HU pictures by bozgp - Photobucket

Last edited by bozgp; 05-13-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello:
I know this is an old thread but I have a few questions for you:
Snafu,
Can you change the color on the head unit to a green that is close to the factory green on a DI? Would this work with a DI? I like your unit that you chose but wonder how it would plug in to the speakers. Since my Disco cassette player radio (with no cd) has three look like power wires on the back left side (more like clips, one is brown, gray and pinkish if I remember right) and two wires on the right (both black, one for sub and power??) I wouldn't mine putting new speakers in ****IF**** I DID NOT HAVE TO RUN NEW WIRES TO THEM. I don't want to do that UNLESS I have another wire problem and have to take part of the inside out anyway... Thanks guys.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I need some advice on a similar problem. I replaced my 01 Disco with a lower mileage 04 in really nice shape....ex kept for one thing: the previous owner pulled out the clean looking factory radio, and replaced it with an Ill fitting Sony xploder! To make this ugly radio fit, they stuffed Velcro along top in the extra space. In addition, didn't hook up steering wheel controls, and seems to have damaged the vents on either side of the radio a bit, they don't blow as strong as other vents.

So, I purchased a working factory radio. Headed to Crutchfield for radio harness and steeringwheel control harness. Now I have to hope when I open it up they didn't cut a bunch of wires, but won't know until I get in there. Almost ready to attempt this, but noticed under that Velcro the plastic of the dash surrounding the radio is chewed up. If I'm going to do this, I want it to look original again...and that chewed up plastic will ruin the look. I guess what I need to know is what it that part called so I can purchase it? My laptop with my RAVE on it is not behaving, or I'd try there first. From looking at it, looks like the whole piece surrounding the climate control/radio is one piece, but I'm unsure. Anyone can give me some guidance, is it one piece, two, easy to remove, what is it called so I can actually look at it, make sure it's what I think it is.....

Any help would be mucho appreciated!

I know, that wasnt clarified very well....but that is why I'm having such a difficult time, I don't know what to call it, so hopefully I explained it well enough....

Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I am fairly certain that you are the same person who just bought the radio bezel from my ebay store, Shiyco Rovers. If you think you may need the wire connectors that plug into the back of the radio, let me know and I will throw them in the box for you no charge.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow, that's a great job.
Thanks for sharing it!