Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Motor Stopped Working, Started Working, then Stopped Working?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, you can just hook it up directly and you'll be fine.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I am having the same issue. Where is the blower motor resistor located exactly? With the car turned over, I can hear the click when I press the AC/ Heater power button, but nothing comes on but the illumination portion of the control panel. I checked fuses, and I don't think it is the blower motor. Any other ideas? How can I check if it is the resistor that is the problem?

Old 06-19-2017, 06:14 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Vai2kdna77
I think I am having the same issue. Where is the blower motor resistor located exactly? With the car turned over, I can hear the click when I press the AC/ Heater power button, but nothing comes on but the illumination portion of the control panel. I checked fuses, and I don't think it is the blower motor. Any other ideas? How can I check if it is the resistor that is the problem?
turn a/c on, go passenger side and reach under near blower touching and moving wires little by little. Blower fan wires often get loose, it gets really hot when connections are weak. Well, you can also strat by testing the fan directly. Also, check the fuse box in engine compartment. If all fuse are ok, turn a/c on and press on the fuse box down with your palm touching most of the fuse and check if the fan turns on. Mostly the front part of the fuse box. The interface between the fuse box might not getting any contact very good.

The following users liked this post:
Vai2kdna77 (06-20-2017)
Old 06-20-2017, 03:35 PM
Three Wheeling

I have read about the Blower Motor Resistor going bad as well. How can I test this?

Old 06-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Vai2kdna77
I have read about the Blower Motor Resistor going bad as well. How can I test this?
Usually the resistor is for the lower speeds. Full speed is often run directly through a fused circuit. If it doesn't work on any speed, check the fan by removing the connector and jumping power and ground directly to the fan.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

'99 D2 owner here. Mine was from a loose connection at the motor. I got in there and soldered the connection and it's been good for almost a year.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 AM
Three Wheeling

Well I put my meter on it last night, and when the power button is engaged there is juice going to it, but the fan is non responsive. Looks like I am going to be replacing the blower motor on this thing. Thank you all!

Old 06-22-2017, 08:09 AM
Three Wheeling

YAY!! RESOLVED! I replaced the blower motor and it is super powerful now! Thank you for all of your contributions and help!

Old 07-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Drifting
Default blower motor

Thank you. I read the threads but didnt find one where it was working fine, stopped for a few days, then started back and ran for several months then stopped again all together.

I had the same problem/do have the same problem. It seems to be the blue plug that powers the motor. Squeeze it and it starts to blow. I'll eventually pull it out and wire it hard. Usually a good wack under the glovebox starts it up.

Old 07-31-2020, 01:42 AM
3rd Gear

I replaced Everything on my 99 and still nothing....Till I came opon this vid,did evrything in the vid and it worked..Here is the vid

Quick Reply: Blower Motor Stopped Working, Started Working, then Stopped Working?