Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Head Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 08:04 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeLena
Mine recently went and I called these guys, and the guys at Road Britannia.

I heard back from The Shop after 5 days with Luke blaming the delay on their phone system. Quoate was $2600 with everything machined and new plug wires (didn't even ask how old mine were). Poor communication at best, was not interested in looking at it at all before the quote. Not impressed.

Road Britannia got right back to me, quoated a standard HG job with valve job at $2250 but really wanted to see the truck first of course. I took it to them just because they communicated much better and seemed to want my business whereas the guys at The Shop did not. Three days later and with a much lighter wallet I have my truck back. The guys at Road Britannia all patient and seemed to care about the service. Only been a few days but I would recommend them highly. A class act of fellows who really love their British cars.

YMMV.
Joe-

I actually did call Road Britannia, they quoted me around $2,600 + tax.. And they said they would recommend new plugs and wires so it'd be around $2,800... The Shop gave me an out the door cost of $2,600.. It all seems to be pretty much in the same ball park, so I guess, pick your poison.

-J

Old 07-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Joe not to defend Luke but if there is a LandRover/ offroad event to your point they are hard to reach. As well as they are very very busy and at times all lines will fill up causing you to go to voicemail. All I can say is that from my experience they have taken care of me and several other LR owners I know. Otherwise I would never refer them.