Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body damage Solutions

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts
Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ajk150
Hey guys, great tips and solutions so far. TRIARII, I'm going to email both those companies and see if they offer any help in the matter. But I just want to add, you hit the nail on the head TRIARII, I do care about the originality of the G4. I just like to off road too. But as you guys were discussing repainting that panel in that orange color would be really expensive. I knicked the front bumper last year and scratched it pretty bad, so I had it repainted. Just that little front corner piece cost me $245, so having a panel painted I can only assume would be around $1000. Oh and TRIARII, since living in CO and having this truck out here, the sun has beat up on the orange and causes it to fade quickly. Even given my best attempts to save it, including countless waxing, which is not fun with a car that has a roof rack. Major pain in the butt! But its the price to pay for trying to keep this car has close to originality as possible, which also makes it hard to find parts for it that I like.

Paint jobs are expensive anyways, unless of course you have connections or find a private painter/expert who may charge you less for a professional job. But the reason why it would be even more to replicate that orange color is because more colors/materials are needed to make the color, vs say a Black which is a solid color that requires less paint/materials.

Regarding availability of parts, you should bookmark the following links to your computer. Buying from the dealer will more often times leave you flat broke and make even simple repairs more costly. Dealers always charge more for parts, even for older vehicles like these.

Atlantic British: Land Rover Parts & Rover Accessories From Atlantic British | Discovery, Range Rover, LR3, LR2, Defender, Freelander and Land Rover Series Parts & Accessories

Rovers North: Land Rover Series, Defender, Discovery, Range Rover, LR2, LR3 & Accessory Lines - Home Page Specials - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Lucky 8 llc: Land Rover Series, Defender, Discovery, Range Rover, LR2, LR3 & Accessory Lines - Home Page Specials - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

British Parts of Utah: British Parts of Utah-Land Range Rover Sport LR4 LR3 LR2 Discovery Defender Freelander Genuine OEM Accessories Parts

British 4x4 Outfitters: British 4x4 Outfitters | Land Rover 4x4 Parts and Accessories

Roverland Parts: Roverlandparts.com - We know Land Rover Parts

If your going to own and enjoy a Land Rover then take the road less traveled and buy your parts cheaper from the people who share our passion for Rovers and who specialize in bringing us the best quality parts and upgrades... Ive done business with most of the business above and so far I stand behind them all. Most active members on here rely on these small business for all their Rover needs, because most of us dont have the $$$$ to pay the dealership for parts. Land Rovers dont have to be expensive vehicles to own (except the gas, not much we can do about it). Good luck man and keep us posted with pics and info on your progress.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

May want to add this to the list. Great prices on dealer parts. Many times better than Atlantic British or roversnorth, for OE.

Quality aftermarket can be found elsewhere for less though.

http://landrovermerriamparts.com/par...?siteid=215719

Old 11-06-2013, 12:54 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked with the boys at RTE and bumper will cover most of the damage, while the Flexi flares will be tight, but should cover up everything else. Depending on what else is exposed after everything is all said and done will determine what else needs to be worked on. But I just order the rear bumper today, so will update this thread if anything new arrises or just once is all said and done

Old 01-29-2014, 01:31 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Hey all. I wanted to give some closure to this thread. All the parts have finally been installed and I must say it looks great. There is still a tiny amount of damage exposed, which is hardly noticeable in my opinion if you don't know what your looking for. Also there is a decent amount of rubber that couldn't be removed, but that is just some paint work down the road. As far as actually body damage it covered pretty much all of it. The Flexi Flares turned out great, better then expected and the RTE bumper is fantastic. As for the resonator that everyone says to chop off. It will be coming off within the next month now that it is much more exposed.

Before
Name:  G4newbumper3_zpsf7514b19.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  68.3 KB

After
Name:  G4newbumper_zps4c67db04.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  61.9 KB

Name:  G4newbumper2_zpsf051c158.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  74.6 KB

The following users liked this post:
Bthompson (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 08:14 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear quarter bumper repair

Sorry...please disregard my entry on this thread. This is my 1st post and I should have just made a new thread pertaining to my issue.

Last edited by Bthompson; 08-14-2019 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Need to make a new post
Old 08-16-2019, 01:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts