Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Both sunroofs out of commission with the back one opened, thanks rain.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Both sunroofs out of commission with the back one opened, thanks rain.

I'm a newbie and just bought a '99 Disco II (96K miles) with a nice little dirty laundry list to take care of. I'm going through the very helpful "60,000 mile service or major service" list while I shop out the necessary "larger jobs" that are a tab beyond my "no current mechanical skills" abilities...aka. replace every possible gasket, y-pipe & o2 sensors, etc...

Both sunroofs do not work, which isn't a bad thing during a FL summer, except that my rear sunroof is open, I can't close it, and I'm pretty sure force isn't the best answer. We've checked the fuses and toyed with it a little but no luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated as it now wants to rain everyday down here. I've got plenty of other questions and will post my dirty laundry list soon...much of which is already covered through the helpful posts.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

Old 08-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey bro, had the same problem... havent fixed it yet, but i at least know whats causing my issue, i have a 99 series 1, so there shouldn't be much of a difference. Behind your switches there is a relay box, Mine seems to be going bad, had to wiggle wires and such to get mine to close, ended up hittin it with a screwdriver handle while holding the down switch to get it to finally close. You have to take off the whole assembley up above your head to really get to it.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah Im gonna play with it some more. We used a screwdriver and lightly tapped at it with a little downward pressure from the top, but didn't try it while holding any switches or anything.

I'll see if that works...thanks.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you cannot get them to close electronically, behind the cotroll panel there is a mechanical gear, at least for D1. You use either a torx bit or a allen wrench? To mannually close it.