Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Hose Jump Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 12:01 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Hose Jump Brackets

This weekend I tackled putting in a whole new brake system. The parts had been piling up in the garage over the past few months. The process was a success...except for two issues;

1) The two brake hose jump brackets on the right front are beyond repair; both brackets were fully and utterly rusted out. The upper forward bracket (SHU100300) is no longer made. I cannot find a part number for the second bracket that is riveted to the chassis. See attached drawing; parts #6 and #7 (with rivet

Diagram of brake hose jump brackets (and rivet?)

2004 LR D2 driver side brake hose jump brackets in poor shape.

2004 LR D2; front driver side brake hose jump brackets in poor shape.
#9?) Does anyone know where to find the brackets? And, how is the best way to attach the second lower bracket to the chassis; is there a special rivet; size, material, etc.

2) How do you thread the rear right brake hose into place? I pulled what was left of the original pipe and it came apart in three pieces. The left side was easy; just snaked it straight along the chassis. The right rear pipe cuts across at the rear crossmember and then down the rest of the way on the opposite side rail. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, thank you.

Cheers,

Mike