Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which brake kit on AB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Sorry to hear that.
UPS will not send out a partially full trailer either, so if you order something, it gets loaded onto a trailer to travel cross the state/country and that trailer is not full by the time it is supposed to leave, it will sit until it is full.
Heaven help you if it is a long holiday weekend, your order can sit for 4 days on a partial trailer.

The terminal might be close to you, call them and see if you can pick up your package in the morning.

I HATE delivering brakes, they are heavy and my route is farm country so lots of full sized pick up trucks getting rotors and drums delivered.
BUT if I know the package is autoparts I do my best to deliver it, the way I figure it the car is out of service, they took the day off work to fix their car and they need to get it back on the road.
Being a rural route I deliver lots and lots of autoparts.
In case you have not figured it out, I'm a FedEx Ground driver, I transferred from FedEx Home Delivery almost 2 years ago.
We have the best on time service in the industry, company wide 98+% delivered first day out, our terminal was at 99.3% last week.
Do the math, over 15,000 packages leaving our terminal everyday, over 98% of those not coming back every day.
I do not know UPS's on time %.

Last edited by Spike555; 08-17-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish more people delivering would have that level of consideration. I'll try calling but these guys are closed on weekends I believe.

I also want to make sure that anyone who reads this understands that this has nothing to do w/ AB.

OT: I worked for UPS during college - unloading and then sorting. Left during the strike. I never had a heavy package delivered with them before and I like the regular delivery guy.