Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Display...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: A/C Display...

ORIGINAL: Disco2Guy

I looked through 19 pages of "Land Rover Discovery" on ebay's auto parts & accessories page last night and came across at least 10 listings for owners manuals. Better yet, get the RAVE cd. It has the owners handbook, workshop manual, installation instructions for all LR accessories and pretty much anything else you may need to know...
I would buy one of those but I can almost promise you that they are stolen. My friend got one from EBAY and a bunch of pages were ripped out. I have the RAVEcd which is great, when it wants to work! I would recommend it to anyone who is ownermanual-less. I hope I didn't start something, but Mike is a great guy who will do whatever it takes to help. So dont attack him. I think he just gets sick of reappearing questions and he knows sooo much more than us, so it might be hard to understand were we are coming from sometimes! But he is always there to hlep in most situations!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whooa... Slow down there man. DiscoMike is always willing to help and discuss. Have you read any of his near 8000 posts on this site alone? All he's saying is to do a little research into a simple question. I use the search feature all the time because I know my question has more than likely been asked before, just like yours.

Edit: This is why having a couple of sticky's are a good idea. I've actually started a doc on common issues with the Disco's for personal reference.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks guys. I have answered that question more times then I can even count. Over the last few months though, I will only answer a simple problem question like that if it sounds like the poster has at least tried to find a fix. To me if some one is at least trying, I will be glad to help. There are so few of us on this site that can take the time to reply and work with people that I have just decided to help those who try and help them selves, so to speak.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Drifting

Thats great but he is not a mind reader and does not know what I've done or have not done.

I asked a simple question and got treated like a 4th grader. And then I got accused of being lazy.

Once again, if you have read a question "8000" times and don't feel like answering it again... don't answer it. Go on to another thread and move on.

I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge and I'm sure you get tierd of things just like everyone else but you should not just assume things and then blow somebody off by telling them to "go read your manual". Just leave it alone and don't reply if you don't want to.

As for your genaration... I'm sure that you were brought up not say anything at all, if you don't have anything nice (or helpful) to say.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Rock Crawling

Geez, you got your answer in the 3rd post...quit being a dick.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Short and sweat, If you are not happy about the way I responded, please feel free to find another site. Bottom line, you made no attempt to research your trucks issue and expected us to help and that is not what we do here.
That being said, I have no more time to spend on this issue.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Short and sweat, If you are not happy about the way I responded, please feel free to find another site. Bottom line, you made no attempt to research your trucks issue and expected us to help and that is not what we do here.
That being said, I have no more time to spend on this issue.
Hey mike,

That was my whole point... you don't know what I did or did not do. You assumed. Did you ask any questions to see what I had already tried or not tried.. no. You just took it apon yourself that I just jumped on here and wanted to be spoon fead, and just blew me off and told me to "read my manual". (witch I don't have).

Once again... Thanks for your help.