Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C not blowing as cold on passenger side and making a wierd noise!????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A/C not blowing as cold on passenger side and making a wierd noise!????????????????

I noticed the other day that the passenger side A/C is not as cold as the driver side. Even with all controls set as low as possible and on recirculate. Also, right after I turn the truck off (if the A/C was on) I hear a hissing noise through my vents for about 5 seconds and it's gone. What do you guys think.

Also...I don't know if this info even matters...but, it leaks water in the passenger side floorboard because I have not been able to find the drains to unplug them. Everytime I change my oil I search for them with no luck!

Old 06-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You need to look for the A/C drian tubes until you find them, not at the next oil change, tonight!
You will get mold in the carpet and you will never get it out and then starts with the doctor bills because of respritory problems.

As for the a/c not being as cold, you have a stuck blend door behind the dash, I dont know how to fix it, but it involves taking the dash partly apart, at least the underside anyway.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kfx4001442
I noticed the other day that the passenger side A/C is not as cold as the driver side. Even with all controls set as low as possible and on recirculate. Also, right after I turn the truck off (if the A/C was on) I hear a hissing noise through my vents for about 5 seconds and it's gone. What do you guys think.

Also...I don't know if this info even matters...but, it leaks water in the passenger side floorboard because I have not been able to find the drains to unplug them. Everytime I change my oil I search for them with no luck!
Mine is like this, only noticed the other week as the mrs complained she was cold (aircon on) and I said " not that bad is it?" but when feeling the vents, theres a definate difference there!!. Mine is the passenger side (RHD) which makes it the same as yours is......not sure if its "normal" or not, I have had a good look at the linkages and all seems to move the same both sides, so Im unsure what it is and if it can be fixed.

Would be good if any other owners post whether or not they have a difference or not to see if its an issue we have to live with. I assume its a Disco 2 you have ?

As far as the noise goes, perfectly normal, its the system just shutting down after use.