Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DISCO II A/C, Driver side cold, Passenger side not

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DISCO II A/C, Driver side cold, Passenger side not

The title pretty much sums it up, but 2002 Disco II A/C was working fine until yesterday. Has individual climate control for driver and passenger side. Driver side blows cold, passenger side not (not HOT, but basically temp of outside air). Any thoughts? The climate settings are at max cold for both. Could the thermostat for the passenger side cause that even if max cold is set on control? Are there separate evaps? Anyone else had this problem?
Thanks in advance for any input or advice.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dealt with this last winter. if you take out the glove box and the panel below it you can see the side of the climate control unit. There are essentially two servos here that control all the doors for air flow on a confusing series of arms that hook into tracks.
Watch it move as you change the settings on the climate control. Look for dangling arms or tracks that are missing an arm.
I had to search for a picture of it so I could see exactly where they go.

They dont hook in there permanently. The arms hook on the tracks by a plastic tip/roller and they tend to pop out when a flap gets stuck. Its probably designed like that to prevent more serious damage.

But, if you find that one of the servos isnt moving at all then thats your problem.