Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you identify this Disco II?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
What's the brand on that intake? I looked and looked for one and never could find it. I ended up making my own and I'm about to need another one for one I'm rebuilding.
I'll take a look tomorrow and let you know.

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
That washer bottle is really weird, never seen one of those. Does it have a steel front bumper?
It's the original bottle relocated to a better location. It does have a steel bumper in the front. At some point I'm going to see if I can still use the bumper for beater purposes, at the very least.

Attached Thumbnails Can you identify this Disco II?-screen-shot-2014-12-17-8.22.26-pm.png  
Old 12-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

heated windscreen to boot

Old 12-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Heated or Cooled?

Originally Posted by dusty1
heated windscreen to boot
I've got the high-flow air conditioning conversion now. I just have to make sure no birds accidentally fly in.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What's the brand on that intake? I looked and looked for one and never could find it. I ended up making my own and I'm about to need another one for one I'm rebuilding.
Says Airforce One right there on top.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi bought my daughter a 2000 identical to this except for the decal it had motion sensors interior connected to the alarm my dog kept setting them off till i discovered them she rolled it 2.5 times and took down a 12'' tree walked away with one scratch as a result of gravel on a corner at nite........tough trucks

Old 12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i got my daughter an identical 2000 it even had a motion sensor interior for the alarm she rolled it 2.5 times and took down a 12'' tree as a result of gravel on the road and it was nite.......walked away with a scratch tough trucks

Old 12-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Three Wheeling

Here's a picture of the label that is on it. Want to buy this one? We might be able to work something out.

Originally Posted by RoverMasterTech
Does it have a steel front bumper?
Here's a shot of the manufacture logo on the front bumper. Just in case people wanted to find that. Seems like a really solid bumper.

Attached Thumbnails Can you identify this Disco II?-img_7332.jpg   Can you identify this Disco II?-img_7333.jpg  
Old 12-18-2014, 06:39 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by KinverTurtle

Thanks everyone so far,

I've only seen Alpaca used with black (think 03-04 HSE models, right?)… anybody know something for sure about the interior? Is there another light color that it could be? It's most certainly lighter than my tan with dark piping that you see in most Discos.
That's not Alpaca, it's Lightstone. It was the "other" tan that was offered on '99-'02 DII's. Alpaca was on the '03-'04 models (perhaps and odd '02 was possible as well). You had a choice of Bahama Beige, Lightstone or Smokestone Grey in the early DII's. The later ones had a few new colors. The piping on your seats are a dead giveaway. Alpaca was lighter ad had black piping.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:40 PM
TReK
Received 163 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by KinverTurtle
Here's a shot of the manufacture logo on the front bumper. Just in case people wanted to find that. Seems like a really solid bumper.
I sold three TJM bumpers this year. They're good but if you want to add a winch the modular approach is a bit wonky. Does yours have the winch plate underneath the bumper?

Old 12-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmiccharlie
Says Airforce One right there on top.
Thanks! I couldn't see it on my phone.

Quick Reply: Can you identify this Disco II?