Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you identify this Disco II?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Send me the VIN and I can try to look up the colors and such. There are 5 interior colors that I know of: bahama beige, grey, dark tundra, alpaca, and black.

Also, SD trim doesn't come standard with sunroofs, but I'm pretty sure just about anything was an option whether from the factory or in some cases dealer added.

The following users liked this post:
KinverTurtle (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a spare set of those rims if anyone is interested.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm shocked to see the absence of bodily fluid stains in that driver seat after a roll-over.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

You're going to have to book an appointment at a body shop with a rack sophisticated enough to measure the frame's trueness. Be prepared because rack time is not cheap.

I'm sure you know this, No one can tell if a frame is bent simply by looking at pictures.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

I've seen D2s with light stone interiors. More on the ivory side of alpaca

Old 12-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Initially it looks a 'bitsa' (bits of this and that) but looking at the optional extras available back then both LR and main dealer (I still have the original sales brochure with optional extras for mine) it may have been a standard truck with a combination of options added. Many LR 'options' can be retro fitted by main dealers who have the correct facilities. I think you have a standard truck with some personalised options the original owner wanted fitting at that time rather than a quirky or unusual truck.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by coors
You're going to have to book an appointment at a body shop with a rack sophisticated enough to measure the frame's trueness. Be prepared because rack time is not cheap.

I'm sure you know this, No one can tell if a frame is bent simply by looking at pictures.
It's a D2, the frame is bent.

Old 12-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely, I just didn't know the rough guess, like:

It's a D2, the frame is bent.
or if they usually pull through alright. Anyway, looks to be interesting! jafir looked up the VIN for me, and it's saying Bahama Beige interior.

Initially it looks a 'bitsa' (bits of this and that) but looking at the optional extras... I think you have a standard truck with some personalised options the original owner wanted fitting at that time rather than a quirky or unusual truck.
I agree, it does look that way. Thanks for everyone's help, I learned a lot about interior/exterior options through this.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

What's the brand on that intake? I looked and looked for one and never could find it. I ended up making my own and I'm about to need another one for one I'm rebuilding.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

That washer bottle is really weird, never seen one of those. Does it have a steel front bumper?

Quick Reply: Can you identify this Disco II?