Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carnage pics - Car wash mishap - NOT for the faint of heart!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Jag looked a bit like this after the ABS failed. You may have tranny/axle damage all the way to the back too from the engine twisting against it. I would definitely opt for a total from the insurance company.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've repaired crashed 911s and Mercedes coupes crashed harder than this. It *IS* possible, and you might wind up with a complete restoration to pre-loss condition.

That, by the way, is the magic phrase "pre loss condition". It's the responsibility of the party at fault to make you whole, to restore you car to pre-loss condition.

DO NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, sign ANYTHING without having your lawyer read it first, and make sure that you're not limiting your rights to have this resolved to your satisfaction. Most of the time, the insurance companies sneak in little "quit claim" statements saying that "hey, we did our best and by accepting this you give up any right to make any future claim against us"

Spend the money NOW and have a lawyer help you with this, so you don't wind up with a half-fixed car and no recourse.

Crap, I wish I'd read this a month ago... and I hope this advice is not too late.

On my 99 Disco II, I took a front corner hit when it was about a year old, not nearly this severe. You need to be very careful and pay close attention to how the doors fit after the repairs, particularly from the look of this at the driver's side door. That never did get fixed to my satisfaction, and the car always whistled at highway speed.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many thanks everyone.

No worries Stan, the Disco is still in the shop... unfortunately. When they decided they were going to repair it, I knew then I would have to be all over them when it comes time to eval their work. It's a great shop, and I have full faith in them, but the car wash company will have quite a surprise coming if they think I am going to just sign off on the repairs. I think in the state of Florida, or maybe even nation-wide, you have like 4 years to discover things that were damaged and not repaired... but don't quote me on that.

If anything is not right after the repairs, I will just drop it off at the local LR dealership for diagnosis and repair... on their dime, of course...

We'll see, we have been 5 or 6 weeks without the Disco and we just want it back, but it has to be right.

Pics and more info to follow once I get her back in the garage...

Old 11-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude... I will that kill that guy that did that... Surging issues my A$$, I would have pulled him out of that rover and beat him to a PULP. 99.9 percent sure he was messing around lost it and crashed. Literally... Geez man, Props for not knocking peoples lights out. I would sue them to the ground! Good luck getting her fixed man, Or getting a new one... Jeez! sorry bro!