Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catastrophic Engine Damage, Carnage you have been waiting for

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 02:37 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Paragon engg works_manufacturers of land rover sleeves & liners

Dear Sir,

We manufacture Cylinder Liner, Sleeves for diesel engines, compressors, tractor engines, heavy duty truck engines, etc. We manufacturer high quality cylinder liners and cylinder sleeves taking care of all the expects like material specification, mechanical properties, chemical composition, micro-structure, pearlite and ferrite percentage distrubition mentioned in it.

The material specification is centrifugally cast iron, chemical composition is according to the GG standards ( german standards) and micro structure is according to the ASTM (american standards) with pearlite and ferriate distribution, The hardness is according to BHN and can be altered according to clients request.

We also manufacturer customised liners for RACE ENGINES.

We have been engaged in manufacturing high quality cylinder liners and sleeves for more then three decades now with satisfied customers around the globe.

For our company details you may visit www.paragonengg.com

Looking forward to your positive reply.

With Best Regards
Mihir Rathod
Paragon Engg Works

Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Three Wheeling

Re sleeving is out of the picture here on these blocks.. I Picked up a Range Rover really cheap a few weeks back and took the heads off and saw a picture very similar to the photos in the beginning of the thread..

I build racing engines for a few different types of cars, I have Bensons Machining in California do a lot of work for me, And Darton Sleeves. I sent both of them the block and they wouldn't touch it for me.. They said the actual casting on the block is porous, and that is our problem.. The "meat" of the block that holds the liners in, is what dissipates causing the liners to drop..

Old 11-19-2009, 08:24 PM
8th Gear
Default wow time for a recall

I am blown away by this stuff. I just bought a disco II and replaced the waterpump, t-stat, had the engine pressure tested, and had the radiator flushed all just to be sure and it still overheats when you drive more that 40-50mph. I just don't get it because it will idle all day and not overheat but take it on the highway and it climbs right up? Anyone know if the 4.6 has the same issues? Is there anyway to bullet proof or get a better recast engine?
Seems alot like the BMW nikisil and alusil engine issues of the 90's.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by larsdisc1
I am blown away by this stuff. I just bought a disco II and replaced the waterpump, t-stat, had the engine pressure tested, and had the radiator flushed all just to be sure and it still overheats when you drive more that 40-50mph. I just don't get it because it will idle all day and not overheat but take it on the highway and it climbs right up? Anyone know if the 4.6 has the same issues? Is there anyway to bullet proof or get a better recast engine?
Seems alot like the BMW nikisil and alusil engine issues of the 90's.
The Land Rover V8 in a 2004 is the exact same engine that they have always used.

If it is overheating on the expressway then it must be a bad water pump, the serpentine belt routed wrong or the belt tensioner is weak.
If your water pump is not spinning fast enough to cool the engine at higher engine speeds you will overheat.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Suede
There should still be a healthy supply of recently clunkered. Too bad you're not local. This yard has 3 motors they are trying to unload.
I'm not to sure I'd pick up one of those motors. If the vehicle was "properly" clunkered, the fuel was drained and a chemical was put in the tank, then they attempted to run the motor for 5 minutes

As part of the mandated - the engines were to be seized!