Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD changer to ipod swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 847 Likes on 617 Posts

Grom Audio Bluetooth. Forget the cables.

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/bt3_a...e_adapter.html

Old 08-25-2013, 09:24 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
Grom Audio Bluetooth. Forget the cables.

ROVER LANDROVER 99-05 AUX-IN Android iPod Bluetooth Adapter
Do you have this installed and currently in use? Does it work well? This looks like exactly what I was hoping to get for our 03 discovery we just bought.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 847 Likes on 617 Posts

Yes. For over a year. And we love it.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I just tapped into the wires for the CD changer and put a 1/8th pin input on the passenger side seat control panel. Pretty straight forward once I figured out which wires were which. You do have to cut both grounds and splice them together or the cd still plays through (much to my surprise).
I still have to power the disc player and leave a single disk in it to get it to work (someone smarter than me could find a way to do without this I'm sure). Means it stops for 20 seconds every 45 minutes when the disc ends, but other than that it's just perfect.
And I then use a bluetooth to Audio when I want bluetooth.

Eventually I want to put a second plug inside the storage compartment with a USB and a couple of 12 volt plugs so I can hide the whole bluetooth arrangement away.

Bought some 8 pole switches so I could turn the CD back on, but then realized I don't own any CDs so didn't bother in the end.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:32 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by mln01
Yes. For over a year. And we love it.
Sweet, good to hear. Did you install behind the radio or were you able to connect to the cd changer under the seat (if you had one)? I installed an iphone adapter in multiple cars with cd change inputs so I'm sure i can handle the install but under the seat seems much easier if I can. Thanks for the info by the way.

Now i just need to figure out my stereo code... No card in the manual like my vw had. Going to have to call the previous owner and see if they have it available.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:22 PM
1st Gear

I just tapped into the wires for the CD changer and put a 1/8th pin input on the passenger side seat control panel. Pretty straight forward once I figured out which wires were which. You do have to cut both grounds and splice them together or the cd still plays through (much to my surprise).
I still have to power the disc player and leave a single disk in it to get it to work (someone smarter than me could find a way to do without this I'm sure). Means it stops for 20 seconds every 45 minutes when the disc ends, but other than that it's just perfect.
And I then use a bluetooth to Audio when I want bluetooth.
Falstaff,

I'd like to replicate your project. Do you have a pick of the splice? How did you figure out which wires were which? And did you have a problem with the stereo code? Thanks up front.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by utdiscoII
Falstaff,

I'd like to replicate your project. Do you have a pick of the splice? How did you figure out which wires were which? And did you have a problem with the stereo code? Thanks up front.
I can't remember which wires, but with the rave it was pretty basic. I think everything is hidden under tape now, but I'll try and remember to look during the three minutes of daylight we currently get around here.
CD player is fine, it just thinks it's playing CDs. Means there's a two second break in the sound every time the disk comes to an end (keep meaning to put the longest CD I have in there).