Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Certain turn signals and brake lights inop

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Certain turn signals and brake lights inop

Hey everyone, I have a slight issue with my 1999 D2 V8 and hoping someone here can help. I’ve noticed my brake lights, the turn signals in my taillights, and the front turn signals aren’t working. All other lights work fine, including the turn signals in my bumper and the small ones on the fenders. I’ve checked every fuse and the grounds and they all look good.

Now I will admit a lil while back when I was wiring in my off-road lights, I had stupidly used one of the stock ground points in front of the air box, and one of the ground points behind the battery to ground my off-road lights. When I first turned the truck on after doing that I had a bunch of extra warning lights on, and realized I shouldn’t have used those ground points. I moved my grounds for the off-road lights, and everything went back to normal on my dash. Sadly I couldn’t say if the blinkers and brake lights were working before that because I hadn’t really driven it yet as I was still rebuilding it at the time. Could I have messed something else up that I haven’t realized yet by using those grounds?

Also, I noticed that the 4pin trailer harness that comes up underneath one of the taillights has several disconnected wires that look like they’ve been pulled out of where they were connected to the taillight harness at some point.

After searching a ton, I just can’t seem to find anyone with my exact issue and I’m getting a bit desperate. Could it have something to do with the IDM and the passenger fuse box?